Leon FR CR TDi just delivered - and then returned - NOT happy !!!

stevesLeon

hi folks,

after waiting 22wks for delivery of my new Orange Leon FR CR TDi (company car), it arrived this morning; and after a careful check over got promptly returned due to 3 (that I spotted) pinhead-size paint (or lack of!) blemishes and a poorly fitting rear bumper.

not happy, to say the least.

still to hear back about what next steps are.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
hi folks,

after waiting 22wks for delivery of my new Orange Leon FR CR TDi (company car), it arrived this morning; and after a careful check over got promptly returned due to 3 (that I spotted) pinhead-size paint (or lack of!) blemishes and a poorly fitting rear bumper.

YES! - May 2007 with my Red one.

I had the same - both rear corners points (about 6mm) where the rear lights are ... there were both paint-less just see the black primer/plastic.

Dealer took the bumper of and painted the area on both sides ... could never tell they had done it.

stevesLeon

and how long did they take Tam ... ??

delivery driver was perhaps optimistic with a Saturday delivery back to me ?!

MILLSMAN

hi folks,

Gutted for you mate like TAM says might be worth getting a dealer to sort than wait for another one.

Hope it gets sorted

You would think they would pick this up on the PDI

Tam

Feb 10, 2005
well I still had it that day they just made a note to investigate it. I drove it around etc, then about a week later they had the car for a day to touch up the bumper and gave me another car for the day.

stevesLeon

my thoughts exactly; pretty sure that it's factory faults and not occurred in transit ; so factory QA should have spotted it ; as well as dealer PDI !!

as I said, the car has gone straight back to the source dealer (as opposed to trying to get it sorted locally) - still waiting to hear back from them.

Tam

Feb 10, 2005
Yep - PDI should have picked it up as should the factory - :shrug:

I kept mine (came from a dealer in Scotland as that's where the lease company sources its cars) - but I took it to the local dealer who was happy to deal with it for me and surprised that the PDI people had missed it.

They were great throughout and allowed me to build confidence in them - hence they are the only people who have serviced / fixed my car (probably 15 dealer visits so far! )

stevesLeon

cheers Tam; keeping my fingers crossed it won't be long !

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
thats not good mate , i will be going down the free servicing route and spoiling your new car experience , do you really want to use the same garage again though who could not even spot these flaws ? says to me they dont care and i would not use them again if i were you.

stevesLeon

no point in pressing the dealer (apart from to get it resolved & delivered asap); it's a company car so I've no choice in who/who not to use; also I won't be paying for servicing or 'owt like that :) so no worries there; will see if I can get anything for my 'personal trouble'.

as expected, the car won't be back tomorrow; dealer bodyshop is still working on it - finished Monday, delivered Tuesday (all being well !!).

to be fair, the dealer has apologised profusely and said I should never had received it in that condition - so their PDI crew need a lesson or two to my mind; as do SEAT factory quality control 'cos I'm pretty sure it originated there and not en-route or whilst at the dealers.

pics to be posted when I finally get it !!

stevesLeon

at last !! ; car was re-delivered this morning and all looks good ; time to enjoy it now.

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Glad it all got sorted and that this would appear to be pretty isolated in only a couple of problems recorded on here (although i do agree that they shouldnt get to delivery with issues present).

FR_Flavoured

Agree that it's not acceptable to take receipt of a new car, fresh out of the factory, to find a number of imperfections - also a bumper not fitting right ! Must have been a "Friday afternoon" car. :D

But saying that - does it really matter, if its purpose is only as a company car, that you will be giving back further down the line anyway (unless you had future plans to purchase it).

stevesLeon

erm, of course it matters; a company car is still a car that you will live with for several years ; unless you're given a 1.6 Vectra in grey and 'like it or lump it' then most people will be choosing a car and thus choosing one that they want (within the constraints of their companies scheme); I work for a very good company and we have free reign to chooose pretty much what we want within reason (but as of this year so long as it's diesel or petrol under 160g/km CO2); so I've gone for the Leon and spec'ed/coloured it to what I want; I'm lucky that the net cost to me for the car per month is the cost of a weekly takeaway curry - but that's not the point - I enjoy cars, motorsport etc. and it's purpose is as a car full stop.

would you accept a top of the range mobile phone on free loan from someone for 6-months that was faulty and say "doesn't matter, they're having it back in a few months" ?!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Your company car free loan?
wow i need a job there then
cant really compare a phone to a car?

most company cars get used and abused and most owners dont care what happens to them , the only winner out of your claims for the body work will be the second owner , well thats as long as you look after it ;)

FR_Flavoured

erm, of course it matters; a company car is still a car that you will live with for several years ; unless you're given a 1.6 Vectra in grey and 'like it or lump it' then most people will be choosing a car and thus choosing one that they want (within the constraints of their companies scheme); I work for a very good company and we have free reign to chooose pretty much what we want within reason (but as of this year so long as it's diesel or petrol under 160g/km CO2); so I've gone for the Leon and spec'ed/coloured it to what I want; I'm lucky that the net cost to me for the car per month is the cost of a weekly takeaway curry - but that's not the point - I enjoy cars, motorsport etc. and it's purpose is as a car full stop.

Differences in opinion, if i was taking a company car, I wouldnt be that bothered what it was, after all its not technically mine, and I will be giving it back (no "emotional" ties as in a car you buy). I'm also not going to treat it with the same attention as I would a car I personally purchased, so it will pickup scuffs anyway.

So the car would be an extension of the job - something to drop all my work in when on the road, an A to B motorway muncher. So really, "owning" something flash would be towards the bottom of the requirements.

The company car would be a car I choose with my "head" (practical and fuel efficient) and not a car I took with my heart (which is how it is if buying the car for most people).

would you accept a top of the range mobile phone on free loan from someone for 6-months that was faulty and say "doesn't matter, they're having it back in a few months" ?!

Finally, regarding the poor mobile phone comparison - that car was fully functional, it wasn't faulty, it just had a couple of cosmetic scuffs. :rolleyes:

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Differences in opinion, if i was taking a company car, I wouldnt be that bothered what it was, after all its not technically mine, and I will be giving it back (no "emotional" ties as in a car you buy). I'm also not going to treat it with the same attention as I would a car I personally purchased, so it will pickup scuffs anyway.

So the car would be an extension of the job - something to drop all my work in when on the road, an A to B motorway muncher. So really, "owning" something flash would be towards the bottom of the requirements.

The company car would be a car I choose with my "head" (practical and fuel efficient) and not a car I took with my heart (which is how it is if buying the car for most people).

Finally, regarding the poor mobile phone comparison - that car was fully functional, it wasn't faulty, it just had a couple of cosmetic scuffs. :rolleyes:

The big difference is that you're not taking a company car by the sound of things so you're volunteering your ideals to a situation which is different to the one you're imagining.

If the guy's chosen his car, and he has to live with it for however many years then if he wants a nice car in factory perfect condition, and that's what he's paying for, then why shouldn't he have it?

You can do as you wish of course.

FR_Flavoured

The big difference is that you're not taking a company car by the sound of things so you're volunteering your ideals to a situation which is different to the one you're imagining.

If the guy's chosen his car, and he has to live with it for however many years then if he wants a nice car in factory perfect condition, and that's what he's paying for, then why shouldn't he have it?

You can do as you wish of course.

The car is apparently costing the price of a takeaway curry each week, so I agree with you, he is getting what he paid for (as you state highlighted in Bold above)! :D
However I am also quite confident in stating that a few specks of missing paint the size of 3 pinheads, wont affect fuel economy or cause any mechanical "faults".

I also do own my own car, which obviously means I can't have an opinion on driving a company car - however I have "owned" company cars also in the past, and to be honest, I wasn't bothered if I drove a Ford Mondeo or Aston Martin! Thats the difference here, whereas Steve IS looking for a car that he can enjoy and be proud to drive and "own" - no different to if it was his own purchased car. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
You seem to be hung up on the fact that as long as it's mechanically sound and a company car then any condition will do. That may be true for you, but perhaps others have higher expectations when they get a new car (regardless of how much they contribute to it's purchase).

One thing to remember. Whether it's your own car or a company car, missing paint can lead to corrosion, and that's gonna be something which will reduce the value of the car when it has to be handed back. If there's an agreed policy of reasonable wear & tear then such corrosion would be outside of this and will reduce the value of the car. Someone has to pay for that, and it's going to be either the company or the user. If it's the company (or anyone else really) then I doubt you'd be bothered would you. But if it was you then maybe it'd change your mindset somewhat.

Regardless, he sent it back to be put right and we'll just have to live with that fact for the rest of our lives, won't we....