Leon FR iPod cable?

lee171181

Just about to purchase a brand new Leon FR but want to connect my iPod touch to play & control through the stereo, - does anyone know what cable I will need?

I was told it needs to be the USB and Aux cable but I dont really wanna spend over £60 for the cable supplied by Seat!

Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper alternative that will do the same job?

Thanks.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Agreed. The other option is just to get a 3.5mm aux cable and plug it in (you can get them for under a fiver) but you don't have any control from the car and it won't be charged up.
Alex

JimboGooner

Just about to purchase a brand new Leon FR but want to connect my iPod touch to play & control through the stereo, - does anyone know what cable I will need?

I was told it needs to be the USB and Aux cable but I dont really wanna spend over £60 for the cable supplied by Seat!

Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper alternative that will do the same job?

Thanks.

i bought the ''official'' cable. although i got it a bit cheaper on ebay, the price seems to have rocketed by £20 all of a sudden !! i think it is well worth it... my missus has iphone, and best for her is that it charges it as well. i have old classic ipod, and u can control all via steering wheels buttons etc.

If you want it to do both, then, i dont think there is another alternative.

lee171181

So if I just plug in my standard iPod Touch USB cable, what will that do play but not charge? or nothing at all?

I have seen some cables around on Ebay etc but it states that these are for BMW's or Ford's so would one of these still work or does it have to be the Seat cable? These cables look exactly the same so I wouldnt have thought there would be any difference or compatibility issues but maybe there is?

Thanks

lee171181

can anyone confirm if the official leon ipod cradle, part number 1P9051785B is compatible with a brand new 2010 Leon, or is there a different model i should be looking at?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Can you just not use the supplied with the iPod USB to iPod lead and charge and control the iPod with that?

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Can you just not use the supplied with the iPod USB to iPod lead and charge and control the iPod with that?

No the cable you get with an ipod wont work you need to either buy the official Seat cable which will work with the facelift models http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229052

or just buy an aux cable for about 3 quid but that wont let you control the ipod it'll just allow you to hear whats playing

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
How come on the seat accessory website there looks to be 2 x cables, one for where arm rest would go and other for front cup? Are they the same? Not sure if you need the cradle or not....

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
You dont need the cradle the cable on its own should be fine (It is for me [B)] )and the picture on the Seat site showing the armrest is I believe for the Altea - the cable is the same for both cars it just plugs into a different location

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
You dont need the cradle the cable on its own should be fine (It is for me [B)] )and the picture on the Seat site showing the armrest is I believe for the Altea - the cable is the same for both cars it just plugs into a different location

Thanks Ian. Might sort out the cable b4 the car arrives in April :)

lee171181

Does anyone know the best (& cheapest) place to buy the official cradle from? It seems to be on Ebay for around £75 but will I get a better price from a main dealer or will they all charge the same for it?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise