Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Hopefully not too far off topic, but am toying with getting a FR with the CR engine.

Am I correct in thinking all stupid DPF and injector issues do not affect these models?

Cheers

CB

Fawzia55

Jul 9, 2015
First post onto the forum and it's unfortunately down to a bad experience :(

Recently my beloved 56 plate Leon (of which I've had from new) suddenly cut out and came to a halt. Managed to get it to my supplying dealer to have it checked out. Initial thoughts were fuel pump related but after 2 and a half days of testing and diagnostics, was found to be a faulty injector #4. Was told that the other 3 injectors wouldn't work due to this hence no fuel. Also the wiring loom, which physically runs in the engine head needed to be replaced. Total bill - £960!!! :cry: Asked them to do the cambelt at the same time as it was about due. Finally got the car back after a week off the road.

Was told by the dealer that I was extremely unlucky for this to happen as the parts are quite sparse on the VAG/Seat parts availability as they don't generally fail. The dealer took pity on me and knocked about £150 off the bill after they'd done the cambelt replacement as well. (fully recommend RM Fisher of Galgate - nr Lancaster)

Hope none of you guys have to go through this!!!!

hey i think you should be able to claim this back
there was a re call on the seats 56 onwards for teh 170bhp fr diesel
i dont know how to use this site properly
if you need to ask anything email me at [email protected] and i wil get back to you

Fawzia55

Jul 9, 2015
Hopefully not too far off topic, but am toying with getting a FR with the CR engine.

Am I correct in thinking all stupid DPF and injector issues do not affect these models?

Cheers

CB

hey i think you should be able to claim this back
if you need to ask anything email me at [email protected] and i wil get back to you

Fawzia55

Jul 9, 2015
I had the same problem few months ago, apparrently its a common fault on all the vag 2.0 deisel engines. Seat will play the innocent. Had to pay for all the repairs myself, 2 months out of warranty.

i had the same problem
and i think you should be able to claim this back

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
How do i find out if my car has had this injector recall on the 170PPD?

Fawzia55

Jul 9, 2015
Hey

How do i find out if my car has had this injector recall on the 170PPD?

All you need to do is ring your local seat or jct dealer that well seat cars give your reg an they will tell you on the phone but no matter what do not take your car to seat dealer in ilkely the menston branch.
If you have to travel do that but never go to the one in menston
Let me know how you get on

ray

Jan 7, 2016
My Leon has just thrown up an injector code (P2149) as it has cut out a few times.

It is a 59 plate facelift model, when phoning seat dealership and seat customer service I'm told there are no recalls or issues with injectors on this model.

Is it still the same injectors used even though it's a different engine code? Parts online seem to be for 06-12 modes which makes me think so.

Thanks in advance.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
On a 59 i think you will have the common rail engine not the ppd mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for the replies, just an unfortunate coincidence... What is the part number for the common rail injectors? All the ones I see are for the 06-09 Leon's.

Thanks

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I think it's CFH, I don't have the logbook yet so can't check that, it's a 59 cr fr 2.0 TDI if that helps.

Thanks

ikaragozlu

Feb 16, 2014
Turkiye
I think it's CFH, I don't have the logbook yet so can't check that, it's a 59 cr fr 2.0 TDI if that helps.

Thanks

03L130277J
bosch brand
Bosch car service
I would recommend to look

2111930871.jpg

ray

Jan 7, 2016
It's actually CEG the engine code, just checked the service book and it's on their, sorry for the confusion.

They seem to be a little more expensive on this mode (typically) but not as bad as the 06 modes...

Can you give me the part number for this injector also?

Thanks

ikaragozlu

Feb 16, 2014
Turkiye
It's actually CEG the engine code, just checked the service book and it's on their, sorry for the confusion.

They seem to be a little more expensive on this mode (typically) but not as bad as the 06 modes...

Can you give me the part number for this injector also?

Thanks

03L130277
bosch brand
bosch car service
I would recommend to look

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise