Leon FR + SEAT Media System

FLK

May 14, 2005
UK, Staffordshire
A work colleague is looking at the above options on a Leon FR but due to being on motability he won't be able to change anything on the car such as the stereo.

He wanted to know if the SEAT Media System (includes Bluetooth Communications Pack) off here: http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/...ear=2009,carname=leon,trim=FR,pagetype=p.html is worth the extra £660 and what exactly does this pack include and what the quality of sound is like?

Just wondering if anyone on here has had experience of this option and can comment on the above as I've not found any answers via search. :)

insaneuk

hi folks. tis me that was wondering as i cant find any real information on the net about the system and was wondering what you actually got for ya buck so to speak :D

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
It's the RNS310 I believe, quite a few hits on google when I looked a while back.

insaneuk

it could well be the rns thingy you said about after looking around the net.

it doesn't do any dvd features or anything like that so it is alot cheaper unit.

vimeo.com/5231746

leon fr with the unit in etc, from what i have read the model you said does have cd based sat nav, info on the aircon etc etc so could well be that.

it's a shame as you could get a very good unit for the 600 quid but i cant really alter the unit thats in it and to be honest rather have something that uses all the features of the car than somthing i can watch a movie on.. which i will never do.

has any one got the 310 etc and what do they think of it?

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
We think its very good value and don't see why you wouldn;t go for it if you wanted bluetooth as the bluetooth is £210. Why not pay the extea money and have the satnav and makes the dash look even better. Most people would never pay £1450 of the old unit but £660 for the new one is alot better and you get bluetooh in it also so its not that bad

insaneuk

does look like quite a nice unit and seems to work alot better in the car etc.

does any one know what blue tooth revision thing it uses as i was wondering if it would work with an iphone as i know there a bit iffy with blue tooth aint they:think:

insaneuk

nice one mate cheers for that.... thats made my choice even harder now as to wait lol

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
CD Nav? A step backwards to be honest although the SD card slot may help alleviate that pain. Personally I'd spec bluetooth, pocket the rest and buy a RNS510 a bit later on.

Last edited:

insaneuk

bigger unit aint an option i'm afraid.

also will have to be put in at time of purchase etc so cant buy one later.

:(

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Fair enough. It's still a good unit. The technology pack is a decent price.

insaneuk

unit does look good i know what ya mean about this technology etc being outdated when you think what you could buy for that price etc,

it would do everything that i wanted thou at the end of the day so not to bad.

jedny

ive just purchased the t/c pack on my new leon fr however have been told it will take 10 weeks for this to be ready and im thinking is it worth the £1450 for it or should i just get the standard stereo? any advice on this matter!cheers

insaneuk

i think you should cancel it tbh... then when i order mine it wont take as long lol.

i looked at the pack and thought i would not bother with big option as the lights dont really appeal to me tbh never had them and to get the pack with out them is only about 800 quid i think so i'll just get bits seperate

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.