Leon FR TDI AKA Bumblebee

cChanceFR

Feb 20, 2014
Just got rid of my Nissan 200sx S14a running around 300bhp a month or so ago after purchasing this from raking up the miles due to work.

Im very happy with the car not just for MPG, just for its all round awesomeness. The nimble handling, firm but not spine shattering ride, heavenly comfortable seats and really easy to drive and keep me relaxed are just a few to name. Mainly due to what I'm used to, but still nothing taken away from this cracking car. Needs more straight line speed, but I have had Nissan 200sx's over the last 4 years so that is to be expected of me to think. Seriously makes up for it in the corners!

So, the new car Been looking for a while and finally something popped up with my criteria. Was kind of set on a Leon, did toy with other ideas but nothing really made me desire the car that much. This is a 2.0TDI FR170 SE350 model, picked up on 59,500 miles with FULL stamped Seat service history with the cam belt replaced the day before I picked it up, 12months parts and labour warranty blah blah. The car:
- Onvi yellow body
- Gloss black roof, mirrors and spoiler
- Full BTCC (K1) kit: front and rear bumpers, skirts and spoiler, was one of my main criteria
- Cruise control
- MPG meter, current and average
- Tyre pressure monitoring sensor
- A lot of other things I haven't figured out how to use yet including heated mirrors

Current mods:
- DPF removed
- Remapped by somewhere in Leeds
- Eibach sport line spring and shock kit
- Grooved front and rear discs
- EBC Redstuff pads
- Pioneer double din bluetooth head unit, retaining standard steering wheel controls

First time I technically owned 2 cars, albeit only like a weeks length:

Need to get more pics of it to be honest! Needs a day of anal cleaning first though

Plans for the car:
-Custom exhaust with no back box, been perusing other peoples project threads and this really tickles my fancy, unsure on whether to get the K1 style exit, but Id imagine I to buy a different insert for the rear bumper
-EGR removal and a remap from somewhere that does APR maps. Bit smokey on current map to say the least, would be nice to get it on a dyno
-Add a few styling mods, such as interior white LED kit just little things
-Probably coil overs to get desired ride height

Taking the car on track in August so prep for that:
-Brake fluid bleed a replace with DOT 5.1
-Track tyres
-ARBs - PURCHASED Whiteline, to be fitted soon(isn)

Would be stupid to say I'm not going to mod it because I will and although my plans are highlighted this are small and it isn't a check list and am toying with a lot more ideas especially long term.

cChanceFR

Feb 20, 2014
Thanks mate :) definitely the best one I've owned, shame I had to sell but needs must and all that. Was mint too with loads of fancy bits on it :(

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Thanks mate :) definitely the best one I've owned, shame I had to sell but needs must and all that. Was mint too with loads of fancy bits on it :(

Which wheels are they mate??

A lad I used to work with had a black one, it was so nice. Always loved jap tuner cars but they're not very practical lol and I don't know much about them, whereas I have always had VAG cars!!!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Remapped at RS Tuning?

The pictures of your Leon are pants mate lol, I do like the drifter though :)

cChanceFR

Feb 20, 2014
Which wheels are they mate??

A lad I used to work with had a black one, it was so nice. Always loved jap tuner cars but they're not very practical lol and I don't know much about them, whereas I have always had VAG cars!!!

Yea they aren't at all lol, it was fine when I was working in the town I live in but cos of the cage I couldn't ever have my god son and his brother in the car and even with back seats child seats don't fit properly and people couldn't fit in the back either. Had a big boot mind lol. I've mainly had variants of 200sx's only 3 out of 7 years on the road without them, this is my first VAG car with a lot to learn!
Edit: and the wheels are rota torque drifts 9.5j et12 all round

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
AHHHHH I didn't realise it had a roll cage until I zoomed in!!!!! Looks mint mate. I always wanted an R33 skyline, S15 or EK9 type R. Would kill for an S15, was tempted before I got my most recent cupra :(

I remember having to sit in the back of me mates S14 and I was so cramped lol, tbf tho I am 6 ft 5!!!

cChanceFR

Feb 20, 2014
Remapped at RS Tuning?

The pictures of your Leon are pants mate lol, I do like the drifter though :)

Name doesn't ring a bell, it was in the ad but didn't copy the ad which I normally do when buying a car. Will dig out the vehicle docs I got bound to be a receipt. Cheers dude :) I do miss it but the Leon is a completely different car and I appreciate the differences in the car and my needs now. Never drifted that one, was too clean and too many nice bits to break on it, wanna get a ropes e36 got drifting though later in the year.

Lol yea I know mate but I've got about 10 crappy iPhone pics of it from when I detailed it, I wrote this thread a few weeks ago and copied it when my internet wouldn't let me post and forgot to put it up. Will add them tomorrow :)

cChanceFR

Feb 20, 2014
AHHHHH I didn't realise it had a roll cage until I zoomed in!!!!! Looks mint mate. I always wanted an R33 skyline, S15 or EK9 type R. Would kill for an S15, was tempted before I got my most recent cupra :(

I remember having to sit in the back of me mates S14 and I was so cramped lol, tbf tho I am 6 ft 5!!!

There wasn't a patch of rust on it mate! See I prefer r32 or r34s, and could never justify the s15 price tag, so expensive compared to a 14a like this although they're gorgeous but only slightly better all round. An ek9 type r had always been an itch I want to scratch.

Hahaha!!! I'm 6ft and people sitting behind me in ones I've had without a cage had to put their legs in some weird positions to fit!

Will post some more pics of both cars tomorrow for anyone interested

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
There wasn't a patch of rust on it mate! See I prefer r32 or r34s, and could never justify the s15 price tag, so expensive compared to a 14a like this although they're gorgeous but only slightly better all round. An ek9 type r had always been an itch I want to scratch.

Hahaha!!! I'm 6ft and people sitting behind me in ones I've had without a cage had to put their legs in some weird positions to fit!

Will post some more pics of both cars tomorrow for anyone interested

I would have loved an R34 GTR but could never afford one, saw a few S15s in my price range but they'd been modded to fook, so insurance would have cost a bomb and I would have wanted an import that hadnt been molestered

some mad c**t from work had a R34 GTS (the RWD one) and he span it on a big roundabout and tried to blame "oil on the road" lol!!

yeah dont get me wrong the s14 is a lovely car, but just love the rear on the S15, looks unreal

yes please mate, especially more pics of the s14 ;)!!!!

cChanceFR

Feb 20, 2014
I would have loved an R34 GTR but could never afford one, saw a few S15s in my price range but they'd been modded to fook, so insurance would have cost a bomb and I would have wanted an import that hadnt been molestered

some mad c**t from work had a R34 GTS (the RWD one) and he span it on a big roundabout and tried to blame "oil on the road" lol!!

yeah dont get me wrong the s14 is a lovely car, but just love the rear on the S15, looks unreal

yes please mate, especially more pics of the s14 ;)!!!!

Hmm R34 GTR would do many things to own one. A mate had a GTS-T 4 door and that was a beaut! Pics on the way dude ;)

cChanceFR

Feb 20, 2014
Cheers mate. Yea I know, came on the car though and not on my priority list at the moment. Nope, they are Rotas, Torque Drifts

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
Sweet!! Your old 200 SX is awesome. I used to have an mr2 turbo, but it broke down...a lot. Engine was always in the wrong place. You can't beat a bit of JDM though. You get a lot of bang for your buck, lots of extra's. My mate has a 400 hp mr2, I don't go in it anymore, makes me want to throw up every time he puts his toe down and I feel like I need a neck brace on afterwards haha. Love your leon as well! Mk2's are growing on me a lot, I have a mk1 FR tdi at the moment and I love it!! Just bought some BBS CH for it and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members