Leon FR - Wet Drivers Carpet

TXOSBI

This thread is similar to the 'wet doors' and 'condensation on windows' ones.

I picked up my FR TDi on 11th Aug and I've had the wet inside to the front windows from day one, you only have to put the windows down/up a couple of inches. So the water is 'hanging about' near the top of the window. I'll need to check the carpets now.

Car went in Nov, not fixed. Back in Feb, new door seals, not fixed. Apparently Northern area manager was at garage and has now seen the problem. So I'm waiting on Seat technical, but nobody will admit there is a problem.

I've taken legal advice because there is no indication of when/if the problem will be resolved. I'm taking a letter to the dealers re the right to reject the car. I don't want to do this as everything else is great, I just want a written response from Seat and the actions they will take if the problem isn't fixed within weeks/months.

TXOSBI

wurzel, which dealer fixed your wet inside window problem? I may get my dealer to call them for advice!!

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
you have a problem when you're technically minded, a lot of folk (suppose i'd be the same truth be told) don't like you telling them how to do their job ... i'm not saying that's what you're doing but it's how some folk will perceive it. i had loads of issues with my double glazing when first installed, could see what the problems were. some joiners (i had a view visits!) were happy to listen to my view, others just walked in, weren't interested, and proceeded to say it'll probably be this without even knowing the exact problem!

anyways, i digress. good to see the mk2 is leak proof :whistle:

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
I wasn't even telling them how to do job, I had just done some investigation to save them time! The mechanic was really good once I got to talk to him, think it is just some information gets lost between service reception desk and the mechanic / technician.

Dealership was Amethyst in Cheltenham, forgot the name of the mechanic but window is bone dry on inside now he has fitted new seal, used silicone, installed grommet and "modified" something in door. May get them to do passenger window too.

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
We've had loads of rain today, checked the car and the carpet is dry and inside of glass is still dry after window being put down and then back up!

Fingers crossed everything is fixed... will soon see after my return trip to Banbury tomorrow.

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
Drove through countless puddles today and had so much rain over night, not a drop in the car or on inside of glass.

Last test will washing it on Thurs or Fri with Jet wash... Fingers crossed!

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
Washed the car today and no water ingress :clap:

Think Mr Dealer has fixed it. Also no water on inside of window :clap: Now to get the passenger window and rear window sorted so no water on the inside...

Diggin' the FR again!! :)

kevinjp

I had to take my Leon into the dealer before last Xmas as I had condensation on the windows inside the car and also noticed the carpet was soaking under the mats.

They found that the drainage holes underneath had been filled with wax still left in by the factory.

Since then haven't had anymore problems.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
I have got the problem too!

Car one week old and a couple of days. Won't be linked to a certain run on the factory either as my build was completed around the end of January.

When I open the drivers door, waters gushes out of the drainage hole nearest to the rear door, it just pours.

Carpets seem dry for the moment.

Window is wet on the interior though when you wind it down and then back up, as it is on the passenger door.

Only washed the car once with a normal hospepipe but spotted the pouring water before that.

Going to have to make a trip to the garage by the looks of things, just difficult at the moment what with my Dad's recent death.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.