Leon front bumper/grill to bonnet gap adjustment...

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Leon_Bumper_Gap.JPG

About seven years ago I was involved in a front end crash. After the repair, I noticed that the bumper and grill have never sat as flush with the bonnet as they used to. It was something that always bothered me, but I didn't know enough about cars then to be able to say anything or do anything about it.

The gap between the front wing and the bumper looks pretty consistent - it's just the great big gap you can see in the photo I'd like to get sorted.

Is it something to do with the bonnet? If you look at the grill, it looks like there's a space there that should be filled. It'd be great to finally get this sorted either way.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
You can try and turn the rubber stopper on both sides off the bonnet in a touch to see if it closes the gap some if not the actual bonnet catch on the front panel will need adjusting I think if you take the middle grill out you can get to the bolts to adjust it it’s a case off moving it down a bit till your happy with the gap and the bonnet opens and closes as it should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
You can try and turn the rubber stopper on both sides off the bonnet in a touch to see if it closes the gap some if not the actual bonnet catch on the front panel will need adjusting I think if you take the middle grill out you can get to the bolts to adjust it it’s a case off moving it down a bit till your happy with the gap and the bonnet opens and closes as it should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a little go with the rubber stoppers this morning, and it didn't seem to make any difference. I'll have to have a go through the grill. It'll be nice to have some feeling of accomplishment after looking at it and knowing it's wrong for so long.

I'll try and take some photos to make a how-to as well.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members