Leon Fuel Cap Release! HELP

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Hi guys.

I've recently fixed my smoothed boot release. I decided to wire it onto the fuel cap release feed. Worked perfect. However yesterday i put two tyres in the boot which i didnt release had compressed on the glass which would apply pressure onto the lock, went to open the boot and it tripped the supply for the fuel cap release.

Have checked all the fuses and they're all fine! but do not have any power to the switch yet i heard something trip.

Any ideas guys?? or anyone with a leon wiring diagram??

Many thanks
Nick

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
i think there are some fuses also hidden somewhere under the steering wheel behind the dash.. i dont know wat they do..but worth a look maybe?

I thought i'd ask on here, as that answer sounds very helpful as i heard a click, from the fuse panel area. I'll have the dash off around steering wheel sat morning. raining this evening!!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
i think there are some fuses also hidden somewhere under the steering wheel behind the dash.. i dont know wat they do..but worth a look maybe?

Two fuses under the dash behing the steering wheel!!!

i thought it was only the relays there!

so problem now solved!

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
Sweet as! I'll remember this one...
Who did your boot smoothing? Ive been thinking of having it done, but was unsure of how the boot release would work...

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
yer thanks dude

They've put two fuses under there. This are the ignition switched fuses to protect the relays. just a shame they're not in the fuse bank with the others!

The smoothing itself is a piece of cake. A local spray shop did the welding and painting for me ( Kustom Kandy)

The working of the smoothed boot is not the easiest of task as the leon's lock stays latched when you use a solenoid, therefore you either use a switch to hold the solenoid to hold the lock when open the boot. Or the way i got round was to use some americain door poppers. which basically push the boot pass the latch when you operate the solenoid.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members