Leon ipod adaptor lead problems

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi,

I had the Seat ipod lead fitted at my local dealer today. I got home, connected the ipod and nothing! All i get if I power the ipod up is music playing in the distence when aux in is selected. I am unable to select cd auto changer mode (the ipod adoptor should emulate a cd changer). My car has the standard factory fit aux input fitted. I had a look at the radio manual and it clearly states a cd changer cannot be fitted to cars with an aux input. Can this be true? I find it hard to believe that you cannot add a cd changer or ipod adaptor to any leon with the aux input socket.

Any help would be appreciated. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow, but have a feeling they will be out of their depth.

Ian :D

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
It states on the SEAT accessory website that it won't work with cars fitted with a aux input socket. So it looks like they're right!

Can you not use the aux input socket to play you're iPod?

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Oh dear :( I could plug it in the 3.5mm connection but I want to be able to control what I am playing and search for tracks. it seems pretty naff that most cars come with the 3.5mm connection as standard meaning nobody can even fit a 6 cd changer.

Pretty crap dealer to fit it anyway eh

Cheers for the reply

Ian :think:

shuikit

Mar 9, 2005
Huddersfield
I had this problem at first and took it back to the dealer, it turned out to be a faulty dension link which they replaced and I've not had a problem since.

My FR has the aux socket but it is disabled by the ipod link so you can't use them together.

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi,

That sounds more hopeful. How do you select the ipod? My head unit has a cd/aux button and all I get when pressing it is the internal cd player or the 3.5mm aux input. I would imagine the head unit should now reconise that is effectively has a cd changer attached?

Cheers

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
@ iandjm - You've got two threads running asking the same question, mate.

Anyway:

I assume when you press the AUX button you see AUX on the display?

Try pressing the AUX button again and see if 'CDC' is shown.

That should be the 'input' you want.

I guess you can hear the IPod playing faintly on AUX setting due to crosstalk.

You can toggle the AUX feature on or off by pressing the PROG button on the head unit and selecting the aux option. This will then mean that 'CDC' will come up straight away.

.....I had a look at the radio manual and it clearly states a cd changer cannot be fitted to cars with an aux input. Can this be true?...

Yes, this is true in as much that you cannot have AUX and CDC simultaneously connected.

You can have one or the other but not both; the AUX and CDC input use the same connection point on the back of the head unit.

The dealer would have removed the AUX harness block from the back of the radio and replaced it with the IPod lead wiring block.

Last edited:

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hey

I had the problem fixed today...... the dealer had not connected the earth wire from the adaptor. it works fine now :)

But.... I now have an airbag fault, so it's off to the dealer again tomorrow. I imagine they knocked a connector off whilst fitting the adaptor.

Ian

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
Earth wire is the usual culprit.. It's funny you'd think they would take 20 seconds to test there work.

Aux/CDC/Dension all use the same socket.. The book simply means one at a time.. Like if you have one electrical socket you cant use the washing machine if you are making toast.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.