Leon mk1 1.8t decat pipe

BurnyZS

Aug 1, 2014
Any good? Seems like a bargain. Just need the lambda spacer aswell yea? I'd be running mine with just the standard back box (removed centre box) hoping it won't be too loud

It fit on perfect but I got an 02 spacer thing from eBay to trick the ecu but it never worked for me and the eml light wouldn't stay off. Sold the car now so someone else would have to help with getting eml off mate

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
If you got a 90' spacer, try backing it out of the decat slightly and tighten the nut to secure it. On mine the lambda is facing forwards with the lead pointing to the back of the car.

Hope that helps

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
Standard rear silencer, 1.9tdi middle section (no box) and a toyosports clone downpipe. It sounds more hollow than with the OEM one but it's just a deeper noise.

Incidently, and slightly off topic, I had an exhaust sleeve joint (between the middle and back sections) slide out of place as I hadn't tightened it fully - it still wasn't mega loud considering it was basically a straight through. It was verging on chavtastic and made me wonder wtf had happened, but as soon as I twigged, I drove to the nearest friendly driveway and tightened it up! It sounded like a day at the track and has made me want to do something else with the exhaust when funds permit...

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
That's the downpipe I have and a similar sensor spacer. Are you fitting it yourself? If so, be warned that access to the top left nut is a bit tight. Also, if fitting yourself on jacks&stands, the front section needs to go in first, then while still not bolted to the turbo, you have to connect the second section. Access isn't great when it's all put together. Another tip, have a mate/spare jack under the rear of the downpipe while you attach it to the manifold to take the weight. Nothing ruins a productive day quite like cramped access to fiddly bolts being hindered by a cumbersome length of tube.

Happy spannering!

Method

Aug 11, 2014
Bucks
That's the downpipe I have and a similar sensor spacer. Are you fitting it yourself? If so, be warned that access to the top left nut is a bit tight. Also, if fitting yourself on jacks&stands, the front section needs to go in first, then while still not bolted to the turbo, you have to connect the second section. Access isn't great when it's all put together. Another tip, have a mate/spare jack under the rear of the downpipe while you attach it to the manifold to take the weight. Nothing ruins a productive day quite like cramped access to fiddly bolts being hindered by a cumbersome length of tube.

Happy spannering!

@Method
That will work fine.

DannyJigg: thats some true ****.

I'm taking it to an exhaust place to get it done. It'll save me the headache from doing it all myself :p

Thanks for the help though lads

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise