Leon MK1 cable

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it doesn't really matter if it's USB or not - but many people struggle to get USB to work (lord knows why, it's so simple)

mr_cool

Oct 5, 2008
Scotland
it doesn't really matter if it's USB or not - but many people struggle to get USB to work (lord knows why, it's so simple)

Ok well in that case im sure I could set it up no bother. Im just a little confused as to why there is different ones eg OBD2, KKL

funkmonkey66

The only problem i had with the usb type cable is that vagcom wouldn't find the cable under the usb com port, so just had to rename the port the cable was listed as on the lap top from com12 to com4, then selected com4 instead of usb in vagcom and all was good. not a major issue really but worth noting if you struggle to get the lap top and car talking to each other. hope this makes sense.

The cable was well worth the few quid it cost from ebay just to read and clear codes but i personally will definatly be getting a proper cable and the latest software if i decide to stick with VAG cars, just having the small insight into what is possible with vagcom that you get with the cheap version has conviced me the full version is well worth the money in the long run.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.