Leon Mk2 wipers

rosco07

Apr 7, 2008
Just undo the nut on the spindle, pop the arm off of the tapered spline and refit it with the correct clearance.

2 min job.

Hi I disagree with the above. I've done this a few times with other cars and this principle works but not on the leon. Do a search for wiper alingment and you will read some of the problems people have had, myself included. I had a new windscreen fitted and the dealer didn't align them properly [:@] so I tried the above several times as said dealer was 40 miles away but had no joy. So had to go back to the dealer who also had problems:shrug:

Turns out there is a section in ELSAWIN (electronic workshop manual the dealer uses - dodgy copies available on ebay!) for wiper alignment. I think the wipers are actually aligned at the bottom of the screen using precise distances from the bottom of the screen? Turning on wipers after turning off ignition parks them at the bottom of the screen so they can be removed and adjusted.

Anyone else had problems or got a fix which avoids a trip to the dealers??

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^I would have thought that if the wiper touches the a pillar and you move it 1 spline away from the a pillar it should clear the pillar. basic mechanics I would have thought.

Unless there are sensors on the wiper linkage that it uses to determin the length of the throw?

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
Hi I disagree with the above. I've done this a few times with other cars and this principle works but not on the leon. Do a search for wiper alingment and you will read some of the problems people have had, myself included. I had a new windscreen fitted and the dealer didn't align them properly [:@] so I tried the above several times as said dealer was 40 miles away but had no joy. So had to go back to the dealer who also had problems:shrug:

Turns out there is a section in ELSAWIN (electronic workshop manual the dealer uses - dodgy copies available on ebay!) for wiper alignment. I think the wipers are actually aligned at the bottom of the screen using precise distances from the bottom of the screen? Turning on wipers after turning off ignition parks them at the bottom of the screen so they can be removed and adjusted.

Anyone else had problems or got a fix which avoids a trip to the dealers??

Had a look at the set up instructions on elswin,about as clear as mud but will check settings as per diagram.:help:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.