Leon MK3 coolant contamination

ShaneC91

Nov 19, 2018
Hi, any other Mk3 Leon owners (2.0tdi FR) have coolant issues. My coolant has turned black and contaminated and was only spotted as my heating stopped. Told I need a new heater matrix and a coolant flush. Car is sadly outside warranty. Has a full seat service history and car was last serviced only 2 months ago. Has anyone else had this issue, what sort of costs to fix, any other long term issues. Did you need a second flush? Any other damage done by the contaminated coolant in the system for so long? Cheers.

jjp

Nov 19, 2018
Birmingham
Hi pal, i can't help afraid but my coolant has also got a black tint to it, i purchased my 2.0 FR tdi 6 months ago and the coolant was pink, i had to top it up a few months back and lately up on checking I've noticed a change in colour, hopefully its nothing serious. My heating hasn't stopped tho

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Just topped mine up with tripleX stuff from eurocarparts. About 1/3 L. So I'll keep an eye on that in case it's reacting.
But having said that, there is a thread on here somewhere, where the guy has replaced his own matrix(due to blockages) . Not too much trouble from what I remember....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise