• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
If the dampers are really strong, there are cases on the forum that show that the locks are not working properly anymore or even the ballheads on the trunk lid won't survive.

Happy to see your long term experience:). I doubt to try this as well!
 
You just hold down the boot release button on your remote key fob, it releases the lock and the bootlid rises up.

Oh Lovely!

Thanks for the info folks, ordered them this morning so looking forward to getting them on!
 
Hey folks,

arrived today and fitting, work lovely, because of the springs the last 30cm of closing The boot has a bit of resistance to it. Just something to get used to. Very happy though!
 
I vaguely remember that it was not advised as it could damage something on the tailgate, but I can't remember exactly what and also can't find the information anymore :unsure: 🙈
I did hear this too prior to fitting my current ones, something about the latch but after 3yrs its ok.
The other issue people spoke about was the boot opening and hitting something else but that is just carelessness and I've been fine on that part too.
But over time especially the last few months, the struts are weaker and need replacement.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nd-photo.nl