Leon wouldn't start at Brands Hatch BSB yesterday...?

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
I was at Brands Hatch yesterday to watch the BSB and when I came to leave the car wouldnt start. the time, trip had both reset back to zero's and then all the digits started going mental and doing funny things. I think the battery was flat as a pancake.

does this sound right?

We got it going in the end after failing to bump start it forward or find someone with jump leads, luckily we found a genuis who told us to bump start it backwards in reverse and gave us a push too (big thanks to him! :) )

The thing is its a 40minute drive we did stop half way (twice for food) but I would have thought that the battery would have been fully charged by the time we arrived.

So looking for some SCN diagnosis please :p

Aug 24, 2007
you got a volt meter ?

You need to check for about 14 volts on the battery when the engine is running.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
by the way it just started fine just now when i drove it down to the shops (1 miles away) and then started fine when i starrt it to come back. also started fine after stopping off half way twice again on the way back form brands yesterday

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
Your local car shop, Halfrauds should do a battery/ alternator test. Shouldnt be much, round here its free. Short journeys dont really do battery much good!

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
How old is the battery? I have just replaced mine which was the factory fitted one and over 6 years old and it was well past it's best - it dropped 2v just putting the headlights on

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
How old is the battery? I have just replaced mine which was the factory fitted one and over 6 years old and it was well past it's best - it dropped 2v just putting the headlights on

what did you replace it with? a Bosch one?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.