Votes: 13 4.5%
  • No,just like nice cars

Votes: 218 75.2%
  • sometimes

Votes: 59 20.3%

• Total voters

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
O.k i am bored so i have started this poll to see if the Leon is becoming a Chav car.
As prices start to drop to affordable level for the younger generation of us (im 26).
What annoys me is in my town there are 2 Black Cupra R's and both are owned by young lads that tear around the streets like maniacs day and night,i like driving fast as much as the next guy but theres a time and place for it and its not through town centers etc..
To me that gives us owners who behave ourselves a bad name also the image of the car,i owned a cupra r 3 yrs ago and you wouldnt see another for weeks,also you used to get respect off other motorists but now you can see them look at you as though your a boyracer.Which is a shame.
I can only see it getting worse,i think these cars are going to become the next Saxo unfortunatly.:(

Last edited:

Cupra r 225bhp

GREY LCR 225
Dec 16, 2008
DERBY
O.k i am bored so i have started this poll to see if the Leon is becoming a Chav car.
As prices start to drop to affordable level for the younger generation of us (im 26).
What annoys me is in my town there are 2 Black Cupra R's and both are owned by young lads that tear around the streets like maniacs day and night,i like driving fast as my as the next guy but theres a time and place for it and its not through town centers etc..
To me that gives us owners who behave ourselves a bad name also the image of the car,i owned a cupra r 3 yrs ago and you wouldnt see another for weeks,also you used to get respect off other motorists but now you can see them look at you as though your a boyracer.Which is a shame.
I can only see it getting worse,i think these cars are going to become the next Saxo unfortunatly.:(

hi mate i know what you mean i have see a few young lads around were i live driving 1.6 leons with stupid leds and neons every were it does put the seat name to shame. same with vw golfs they use to be nice class cars until every tom dic and harry bought 1.
lets just hope they dont corrupt the cupra r loll :ban:

Last edited:

smokescreen

Nah it'll be ok. Most the young are incapable of saving money up. Also banks arent giving out loans like candy anymore.

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
Nah it'll be ok. Most the young are incapable of saving money up. Also banks arent giving out loans like candy anymore.
Not too sure about that mate i think cause the younger generation cant afford houses the way its gone the money they earn is going on expensive cars instead

gaztaman

my car is standard just with a remap, even when i do add things to it it would look standard..

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
Around my area there is only 1 other cupra r,owned by a kinda chav admittedly, but there are a s**t load of chavs around here and they still seem to go for the usual weapons of choice,astras,corsa, saxo's etc so id say leons in all variants are safe(around here anyway) for now.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Insurance is still a killer on these cars and dont forget tax is going to £310 this year so im sure the shatso will be the wee-a-pon of choice. That and people will call anyone who does somthing to there car a "boy racer" no matter what

David Thompson

i have to say that i am young lad with leon fr550 and i was boy racer untill i bought my leon. its a brand new car and i said to myself that i would stop going around the streets and showing off but soon as you get little corsa crew behind you askinng to race and knowing you have the power under the bonnet and trying to stop yourself showing that your car in much better is hard to resist. everybody is young at some point! nothing better than spending day out on the drive washing and polishing car then taking it out. If you spend 18 grand on a car then why not enjoy it? most people work for there money so why not show it off?

Once a racer always a racer at heart i think.

Mat

just like the mk3s, they are becoming an age where the lower people in society (chavs) are now seeking them.

we (seat lovers) wanted people to recognise Seat are as good as VW equivilants. Congratulations, job done. People (chavs) now know they can get a Golf GTi for the cost of a Seat.

the mk3 is now the new starlet GT and pulsars etc. It's the small turbo car that chavs wanna kill themselfs in. i dare say the leon is coming into the same boat

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
just like the mk3s, they are becoming an age where the lower people in society (chavs) are now seeking them.

we (seat lovers) wanted people to recognise Seat are as good as VW equivilants. Congratulations, job done. People (chavs) now know they can get a Golf GTi for the cost of a Seat.

the mk3 is now the new starlet GT and pulsars etc. It's the small turbo car that chavs wanna kill themselfs in. i dare say the leon is coming into the same boat

some of us would prefer not to judge others on grounds of job,home or what they wear/drive. some of us have bigger brains.

you mention chavs alot Mat. starting to sound like a snob in a seat.:(

Mat

sorry, maybe i went a bit for. was joking lol

no offense meant to people on here. just annoying with the chavs we've had register on here. MrNailer, SuperCupra240 etc all talking crap and thinking that they know what's what after a weeks ownership

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Obviously chavs are stupid, and i think most lack the ability to save money, loose patience when saving up and see an affordable car which is also much cheaper to insure (i.e saxo's, corsa's etc...) and buy them instead. (as mentioned above)

I set my heart on a Leon and saved for 7 month's only to get stung by inurance aswell. I paid the insurance monthly and with a couple of added extra's (foolish of me!) i paid £210 a month.
So i've had a year with not much money for having a Leon at a young age, if other people do it my age then fair play to them, but hopefully they wont have the money to 'kev it up' :D

Car people know the Leon is a tidy car, and they'll soon realise that the owner of the one with a stupidly big spoiler and ridiculous exhaust is more than likely a chav that has ruined a nice looking car.
As long as your's and mine are tidy then we're doing are bit.
As long as there are cheaper smaller cars with smaller engine's out there then SEAT's in general will be ok. There will always be a few chavs that get their hands on them but not half as much as some other cars.

An older man who was walking his dog said to my brother the other day...'I admire how you look after your cars, there always clean and tidy'
Im 21 and my brother's 22 so not all young rogue's terrorise the streets with their 'cars'

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Lately I've started to see a lot of cars with absolute gash hanging off them, whether it be Leon's, Ibiza's, Focus', Astra's, Audi A3's, BMW (pretend) M3's, Cackso's, Corsa's etc....

We seem to be entering a window of motoring history where folk are trying to make as much of a statment with the outside cosmetics on their motors as they are under the bonnet. Problem is, because places like e-Bay and Halfrauds sell utter skank the end result tends to be amateurish and cheap.

Part of me wants to praise people for taking their own initiative as we shouldn't all be bloody sheep and do the 'same old same old', but the problem is when you see the results of some peoples efforts you wonder whether they are of sound mind, let alone whether the changes they have made render them safe or legal.

Almost all cars will become cheap eventually, it's just unfortunate that the fastest ones fall into the hands of boy racers who then dress the cars to the point of unsaleable. It's true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think sometimes people try so hard to 'be different' that they end up making a statement of really poor taste.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members