lets see what wheels you have

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
Flash red but polished an awful lot by the looks of things. Think the lad works for Polished bliss which explains a lot.

I love it!

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
closewheelblack.jpg
stand lcr wheels painted in black(18)

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
yep i'll be the first to say mine are reps, no way am i paying over half the value of my car for a set of wheels

also had the car a bit, like to the build in in my sig, built not bought ;)

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Robertj - that looks wicked, i had been considering a set in the gloss grey for mine as for the money you really cant do better.
did they clear the brembos without spacers and what offset have you gone for?

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
Robertj - that looks wicked, i had been considering a set in the gloss grey for mine as for the money you really cant do better.
did they clear the brembos without spacers and what offset have you gone for?

no mate getting the spacers as we speak, a Whopping 20mm on the rear for the euro look.

5mm on the front clears the brakes

A friend of mine has the genuine article and they are so expensive hes always worried about potholes and kerbing, this way if one does get damaged its nt a lot to get another.

Oh and that white one is wicked, makes me look forward to getting my wheels even more!

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
dont mean to offend but your running the wrong size tyre you should be on a 40 profile as it knocks the spedo out by around 3mph:D

yeah, I see lot of people are not aware what tire they should run.
225/45 R18 is 660mm or almost exactly 26 inches (25,98)
225/40 R18 is 637mm while the original wheel size of 16" LCR-s are 632mm (205/55 R16)

it's easy to calculate which tire size you need
225 is the widht of the tire in mm, 45 is the wall height in percentage of the tire's width, like 225/45 tire is 225*0,45mm high 101,25 to be exact. now you have the rim's diameter in inches 18 is 18*25,4=457,2mm plus the tire height*2 equals the diameter of the complete wheel.

as long as it is under 1% of difference from the original you were running there should not be a problem.

cupradarren

yeah, I see lot of people are not aware what tire they should run.
225/45 R18 is 660mm or almost exactly 26 inches (25,98)
225/40 R18 is 637mm while the original wheel size of 16" LCR-s are 632mm (205/55 R16)

it's easy to calculate which tire size you need
225 is the widht of the tire in mm, 45 is the wall height in percentage of the tire's width, like 225/45 tire is 225*0,45mm high 101,25 to be exact. now you have the rim's diameter in inches 18 is 18*25,4=457,2mm plus the tire height*2 equals the diameter of the complete wheel.

as long as it is under 1% of difference from the original you were running there should not be a problem.

i know where your comming from i work for a very large tyre firm the ideal size for our cars are 225/40/18 im not a 100% sure how to work it out exactly (i leave that to the boss lol) you just get to know over the years wot fits wot and wot size tyres are best

J Mays

Yea those BBS CH's are quite a common choice on VAG cars, there standard fit on the Golf Mk5 Edition 30 & some 8P A3's but these would be 5x112, they were options on the Mk1 TT aswell I think & these would be 5x100. The originals usually fetch a fair bit 2nd hand but they are well made & very light rim, I'd of thought the reps would be a bit heavier.

Another alternative would be the BBS ones fitted to MGs (ZT I thinks) They look very much the same & are the right 5x100 PCD (not sure of offset tho), seen a set go on Ebay with tyres for £200 which is about what u'd pay for one used genuine CH lol.

Ewan.

darloleeon

wayne2601;2828212 stand lcr wheels painted in black(18)[/QUOTE said:
i have these on my 1.6leon there standard color though, i cant decide whether to get them sprayed black or not? yours look awesome its a shame my car isnt red :)

p.s wouldnt let me quote the pic :(

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
i have these on my 1.6leon there standard color though, i cant decide whether to get them sprayed black or not? yours look awesome its a shame my car isnt red :)

p.s wouldnt let me quote the pic :(

you need 15 post to do that and iam going off the black wheels now its done to death:cry:

darloleeon

you need 15 post to do that and iam going off the black wheels now its done to death:cry:

yeh it came up about not having enough posts to post a pic :rolleyes: yeh there's a few LCR's round my area with their rims sprayed black, it looks the dogs and makes them look more agressive but your right they're getting a bit common :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.