Light back end ?

spagley

Hi,

Took a ref.sport out for a spin over the weekend, and found the rear end feels really light compared to my 03 Leon TDiSE.

There's a couple of 'favourite' motorway roundabouts locally, so it seemed rude not to hoof it round a few times :whistle:

With a bit of enthusiastic decel on the roundabout the rear felt like it wanted to run wide, and also under braking the rear felt like a few extra kg would have not gone amis.

Is the Sport better than the ref.sport in this manner as I was a bit dissappointed.

Ian

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
They cling on in, ask Saul. I didn't look at the speedo, but it was quick when we test drove a Sport, into a rounabout and then round and round the roundabout, with 3 of us in it. :whistle:

spagley

So is the Sport the same then or do the 17"s make a difference?

I must admit that I didn't get to the point of actually trying to get lift off oversteer, but the back just felt nervous (a bit like when you have some toe out at the rear).

I s'pose I should have had a prod at the tyres to see if the stealer had them at a daft pressure.

Apart from the slightly odd feeling rear, everything else felt pretty good and the steering is exceptionally light for an FWD oil burner :) - that felt more like our MR2.

Vroom & things

Ian

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Interesting to hear what you thought.

Have to admit that the more I drive this new Leon with the sport suspension, especially at pace and down B roads, the more it surprises me. It just feels so sorted, no body roll, accurate and very satisfying. All I would say is trust the car's dynamic ability and it will deliver.

The sports suspension is hard though and if your local council are particularly inept at road repairs (our local Edinburgh roads are amongst the worst in Britain!) then prepare yourself as you will feel every bump!

Have said it before elsewhere, but the leather rimmed steering wheel is excellent.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members