Limited Connectivity

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Since Sunday (3rd Jan), the globe in the top right-hand corner of our infotainment screen has been showing as grey (which means limited connectivity). This means the Seat Connect App does not show any data from that point onwards and features such as remote triggering of the indicators are no longer able to work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue recently? Any workarounds we should try? The system is still logged in via the Primary User and the infotainment system continues to work. However, updates etc are not happening.

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
I have had this problem several times and it’s annoying, it seems to just go off then comes back on after a week or so!.
it as now stopped ON for a few weeks, but it as without reason gone into a guest mode when starting the car!!! For me to have to then put it back into the Primary user mode.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Ours is still showing limited connectivity today (notwithstanding a reboot of the infotainment system). Frustratingly (for updates etc) tethering it to the Wi-Fi at our house switches off the e-Sim completely. It would be far better to allow the car to attach to your home's WiFi (if it is within range) and then, once out of range (i.e. when you've started a journey), to automatically select the E-Sim.

Reactions: nwithyman

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Ours is still showing limited connectivity today (notwithstanding a reboot of the infotainment system). Frustratingly (for updates etc) tethering it to the Wi-Fi at our house switches off the e-Sim completely. It would be far better to allow the car to attach to your home's WiFi (if it is within range) and then, once out of range (i.e. when you've started a journey), to automatically select the E-Sim.

I do agree it would be far more ideal if I could use WiFi at home and Esim when away.

It would also mean that updates could be done on WiFi saving on data usage (although I think seat pay for that data usage)

Reactions: nwithyman

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
My Leon connects to the house Wi-fi when parked in my drive, I also tether it to my phones wi fi via hotspot, when I have done this with the using the maps it came back on. ??‍♂️ Also since I have had the control unit changed on the recall which was for the e connect as well as the drivers assist all been ok. See the topic “recall“

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Suspect this is the connectivity issue talked about on th Spanish forums when the servers are down for days... perhaps the solution to use your home network. I had the predecessor app on the mib2high connected to the home network as well as the tether since I get a lousy 4g signal. Worked except for Alexa as I recall. Think you are saved from Alexa :eek:. Could see it might keep you company on a long journey.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
First year of data then you shell out.

Yeah it seems part of the remote subscription.

The infotainment had an update which enabled the store a month or so ago. All you can see in the store is the remote subscription and how much time is remaining.
It doesn't show any prices, It would be nice to know how much such subscription costs.

Tell

Staff member
Could be one for @Syphon to take up with contacts all I'd expect they would be testing for for how much they can charge. You see the Spanish and German prices quoted. It goes something like emergency services only, connect services and top end map updates. 99.9% sure that's their offer over there. You could see Seat UK could bundle it with service and recovery to sugar coat the pill. Probably what they are looking at.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Could be one for @Syphon to take up with contacts all I'd expect they would be testing for for how much they can charge. You see the Spanish and German prices quoted. It goes something like emergency services only, connect services and top end map updates. 99.9% sure that's their offer over there. You could see Seat UK could bundle it with service and recovery to sugar coat the pill. Probably what they are looking at.

At the moment, I would not pay for something which is only there part of the time. It's frustrating enough to have "limited connectivity" some weeks and not others when the data plan is free from Seat. To have to pay for something you cannot then access (and which is completely beyond your control) is not acceptable. We'll see how things go in the remaining 10 months before our first year is up. If things have improved then we'll take a judgement call on the cost. At the moment though, it would be a "no".

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
So, nine days after losing connectivity, we now have a "fully white" globe back on display in the top right-hand corner of the Infotainment screen. Having already tried rebooting the system (without success), nothing had changed on the car between the last time the car was switched off (with the globe showing as grey) and it starting today (with the globe showing as white).

Having just logged onto the Seat Connect system on the PC, we can see though that it has not filled in any of the journeys undertaken during the "missing" nine days into the "driving data" section. Instead, it has simply added the missing miles onto the final journey my wife did in the car this afternoon which makes a bit of a mockery of the driving data section.

In summary, this all looks very "flaky" at the moment. If the link is permanently up then that would be great. However, there's little point having a trendy app on your phone to be able to check whether your car is locked where you last left it if the Seat Connect service cannot connect with the car.

• Sad
Reactions: Tell and Syphon

Tell

Staff member
No you have just been off planet like Stargate :love:.

Perhaps I should read the Spanish Seat boards to see their recent musings. I'd centralised all Vag software rather than letting each brand do their own thing. I can't see each team making much dent in trying invent the wheel. What I don't like is how dependent one is on their servers being up.

There is suppose to be something different coming a long next.. I did read that in the technical press for Vag. Probably looking five years hence at what would be Mib4.

Mikey887

Aug 24, 2015
Did you ever get this sorted ? My Leon has never even had the globe, can't even log into seat connect

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Mine worked straight away and has done ever since. Have you tried connecting to Wi-fi to set it up? Once logged in you have to set it to the most sharey setting to get most features to work.

Mikey887

Aug 24, 2015
It won't let me log in, I suspect becuase it inst connected to the internet (this the lack of the globe) I did manage to get it to connect to my house WiFi but it doesn't seem to use it

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
It won't let me log in, I suspect becuase it inst connected to the internet (this the lack of the globe) I did manage to get it to connect to my house WiFi but it doesn't seem to use it
You need to make sure the esim is turned off, go into settings > Data connection > turn off esim

Reactions: Mikey887

Mikey887

Aug 24, 2015
The esim is turned off when you turn on WiFi automatically ( but I checked just in case too) is there anything else you did to make WiFi work? Do you get a globe when you connect with WiFi?

Last edited:

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I never had an issue, I managed to login to seat connect without ever connecting to WiFi.

What colour is the light next to the SOS button

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.