list MK3 parts that will fit the MK2

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
Should fit it's the same part number for a 1998 mk2 and a 2000 mk3. Note cupras/tdi's etc have a stiffer rear beam than the 1.4's.

i can confirm that the mk3 axle DOES NOT fit. the mounting points are different. they are wider and will not slot into the smaller bracket holes on the mk2! as i found out earlier in the year!

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Yeah as flapper says I looked at the later chassis number. Are the brackets not bolted onto the car? So could be changed?

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
no, they are part of the structure in the floor pan.

earlier in the year i asked the very same question and was told that it would fit so i bought a complete mk3 cupra axle and when i did some measuring, its a definate no no. but, all the fittings such as hub shaft, hub, caliper carrier and calipers will bolt straight over on to a mk2 axle.
the only difference i can see is that the bearings are designed slightly different.

Ash.

Probably a stupid question but here goes lol
Do the aftermarket exhausts for the Mk 3 fit the mk 2?
Such as the milteks?
Or are the bore sizes too big with the Mk 3 being turbo?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I did once have the 'possible' theory that although the mk3 has a wider and odd shaped mounting bush as most of it was external to the metal tube it mounts in so my idea was to see if a mk2 beam could be fitted with mk3 bushes to make it fit a mk3
OR
could a mk3 beam be fitted with mk2 bushes so it could be fitted to a mk2

at the time I didn't have access to all the bits to trial fit them and the guy fitting one didn't wanna rip out good bushes just to measure em both up for my satisfaction :) but one day ill sort it

either way as a fully fitted up concern its a non fit but as ather's says bits swap over

mk3's use a seperate hub/disc so no need for bearings on disc change but to be honest the mk2 discs/bearing bits are cheap enough to change anyway - just avoid cheap non branded ones - SKF + FAG are ones i would use personally

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Probably a stupid question but here goes lol
Do the aftermarket exhausts for the Mk 3 fit the mk 2?
Such as the milteks?
Or are the bore sizes too big with the Mk 3 being turbo?

was covered earlier in post dude! have a read.

(ill save ya the time YES)

Gav_F

Jul 15, 2010
im not sure, they look badd though man! i been on the look out for some but no luck :(

crossedmike

so is this just mk3 to mk2 or any car to mk2???

vr6 seats fit straight in rears need a little tweak
vw caddy bumper fits straight on <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< really im having problems
mk3 dash slipped straight on not cutting or anything :)

did u use a new slam pannel ?

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
arther wheres your readers ride :( dont u have 1 lol

:ban: oi, mad mike with the girly jumper. . . .its ather`s!!!! getting all the pics together and making one soon! just finishing off tightening all engine bolts and checking wiring then i will be turning the key!! not as exciting as yours though as i would prefer the sound of a whistling turbo than an 8v. but like you mike, ive done it myself and not rushed it. wont be long though!

crossedmike

:ban: oi, mad mike with the girly jumper. . . .its ather`s!!!! getting all the pics together and making one soon! just finishing off tightening all engine bolts and checking wiring then i will be turning the key!! not as exciting as yours though as i would prefer the sound of a whistling turbo than an 8v. but like you mike, ive done it myself and not rushed it. wont be long though!

haha it does it auto correction im not that mad ;) eyy its a male jumper i just let girls where it haha so it smells nice not like my garage

and ahhh i see i didnt know you was doing a engine build im sure the whistle will be more problems with it all been custom loom etc etc but im looking forward to reading it also

you aiming for any shows this year :)

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
my plan is to make gti in june but anything can happen in that length of time. i want to go to ultimate dubs but will be going in the touareg so will we see you there?

crossedmike

my plan is to make gti in june but anything can happen in that length of time. i want to go to ultimate dubs but will be going in the touareg so will we see you there?

i have an auto electrician coming to night after work so hopefully might be running tomoz :)

but yes im hoping for gti and ed38

and ultimate dubs yes but all been well should be there :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise