Listing contacts with bluetooth kit

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
Hi All,
I'm making progress with my bluetooth kit now - although the dealer hasn't quite managed to send the manual through (anyone got a pdf?). I got the 6680 to connect but no contacts transferred. Got a 6230i on ebay and that connects and transfers OK. It doesn't seem to deal with multiple entries per contact particularly well though.

At the moment I have a single contact with a stored work, mobile and home number, but the bluetooth kit just lists the name 3 times with no clue to which one is the one I want to call. Apart from clicking on it and seeing the number, is there any other way round? I guess I could save the numbers frequently used in the car as separate contacts e.g. Billy Bob work, Billy Bob mobile. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a better system.

Thanks,

Jon

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
for frequent numbers its always best to store them in the car with the voice-dial, i've had a couple of near misses whilst navigating down a huge contact list with the right hand stalk, so have made a rule to get the most frequent numbers into the car memory, and answer calls, but only use the scroll phone-book function when the car is stationary :)

The user guide is quite good, but i don't have a PDF version - give me a yell if you struggle and i'll scan it in.

adt

Steve,

I have bluetooth and no information regarding how to use it - it was a pleasant surprise one day when I saw my address book automatically loading onto the dash display....

If you do scan your user guide I'd really apprciate a copy also.

Thanks

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
The dealer was supposed to have sent one out to me last week. From his reaction when I asked, it sounded as if he had a few knocking around. Might be worth giving yours a call.
Having said that, mine hasn't arrived yet.

I've managed to find a PDF manual for the SEAT bluetooth kit. Apart from being in Hungarian it's really useful.....Surely it isn't too hard for SEAT to have some kind of central store for this kind of thing.

Jon

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.