Liverpool Seat Paint Problems Again.........

mart280

Well we had Steve come out yesterday when nobody was in to photograph the car, we only found out he had been after we phone him and told by him that we should of had a call from the manager first thing this morning, no we didnt, so we decided to phone Tom at the Liverpool Seat dealership, he has now told us that he should know what is going on by Monday Morning, ok so we will see what happens on Monday, but this situation is not going away, not by a long shot.

mart280

Ok as promissed we have had a phone call from Tom today, Seat have said no they are "NOT" going to fix this problem, so lets just say for a car that is still in it's warranty till Decmeber 2010 we are not impressed with their head office if this is the way they treat their customers and this is supposed to be part of the V.W Group?????????????

Anyways this is what has happened, Tom has said that this should of been covered under the warranty without a doubt, so he has told us that the delaership is going to take care of it and that they will need the car for the job for atleast a day or two, so all I can say is thanks Tom for your hard work and effort, but the people at Seat Head Office will be getting a letter from us telling them how disgusted we are at thier lack of interest in this situation and the dealership has and they are sorting it, but Seat Head Office/ Warranty people dont give a crap.

But once again thanks Tom for your help.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
did you find out the reason why it's been rejected ?

could have been a fault caused by previous repairs in which case it would have been down to the bodyshop anyway

but glad to hear it's gonna be sorted at last one way or the other

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Anyways this is what has happened, Tom has said that this should of been covered under the warranty without a doubt, so he has told us that the delaership is going to take care of it and that they will need the car for the job for atleast a day or two, so all I can say is thanks Tom for your hard work and effort

Absolutely quality dealership in that case... Full marks to Liverpool Seat!

mart280

Thanks all will keep you posted, the car is going into them next Thursday and they said that they will need it for atleast 2 days, as for why Seat turned the claim down, Tom told us that they said it was external damage, so the way I figure is that something happened to the car by the previous owner and however repaired it did a crap job, or the other explination is the £250 Paint Protection we were advised to take out by Nick the saleman who sold us the car, so I dont really know, all I do know is that the paintwork should not been discoloring, oxidizing or peeling for that matter, anyways thanks to Liverpool Seat it is getting sorted so like I say will let ya all know what the outcome will be when it's fixed up. Enjoy ya weekend all :)

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Glad that you are getting this sorted at last. It still could be that the car was delivered from new with some paint damage and the dealer fixed it prior to sale. It happens more than you think. :rolleyes:

mart280

Glad that you are getting this sorted at last. It still could be that the car was delivered from new with some paint damage and the dealer fixed it prior to sale. It happens more than you think. :rolleyes:

Yeah I have heared things about that also, a neighbour of ours who works for the bodyshop at Fords said it's called spot painting or something like that, not 100% sure though, but am happy it is getting sorted none the less. :)

mart280

Ok well update, the car is back and it looks great, we have been told by Tom at Liverpool Seat not to wash it for atleast a week, which is good advice considering the paint is still in the drying out period, but as I say the car looks amazing now ,thanks Tom for getting this sorted out for us, overall good service and a excellent result.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.