Lock Unlock Chirp - Storing value but not chirping

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Hi All,

I hope somebody could provide me with some answers...

Firstly my boot lock mechanism packed up, which I fixed this morning. This then led me on to thinking that I'd never see the 'boot open' light on the dash illuminat ever since owning the car, nor have I ever heard the alarm.

The model is an '02 Leon Cupra so I'd have thought this came with an alarm as standard.

When on Vagcom, I have been into adaptations and changed the locking/unlocking beep to on and if I close the controller and go back, it has saved successfully as a read of channels 06 and 07 displays the value of 1.

It doesn't beep/chirp though when using the fob and when trying to turn on interior alarm sensors (channel 05 IIRC) it displays an error message along the lines of not available/ not fitted..

I have managed to play about with auto-lock, so the laptop and vagcom are cummunication with the controller (46) no problem.

Any telltale signs of whether the car actually has an alarm and/or interior sensors, are they visible at all?

Can anyone help?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
If its not chirping then either it doesnt have an alarm or the siren isnt working.

IIRC its the former.

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
If its not chirping then either it doesnt have an alarm or the siren isnt working.

IIRC its the former.

I've never been able to activate the alarm though. Surely the cupra spec with full leathers, climatronic etc should come with an alarm as standard, even my old N-reg Rover had an alarm!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Isn't the horn suppose to toot if you don't have an alarm?

That's what the 'chirp' is, it's not meant to be activated by default because it's regarded as a nuisance in the UK.

The interior sensors have a disable switch, down the side of the drivers seat on the door pillar. If there isn't a button there, you don't have the sensors.

What might be worth trying is pressing the lock button more than once. My alarm doesn't always arm the first time, normally by the third press it comes on. You should also see the indicators flash once, that is normally on by default for uk cars.

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
That's what the 'chirp' is, it's not meant to be activated by default because it's regarded as a nuisance in the UK.

The interior sensors have a disable switch, down the side of the drivers seat on the door pillar. If there isn't a button there, you don't have the sensors.

What might be worth trying is pressing the lock button more than once. My alarm doesn't always arm the first time, normally by the third press it comes on. You should also see the indicators flash once, that is normally on by default for uk cars.

I've definately not got the mysterious button on the B-pillar for disabling the sensors, is it possible that my car has the alarm for the doors/boot/bonnet, but no volumetric sensors?

Is it possible that the alarm has been de-activated by the previous owner, for example by being being unplugged from the convenience module. The reason I ask is that with the boot microswitch being broken since I got the car, I presume the alarm would have been going off all the time.

I've read that you can remove a fuse, but this also disables the remote central locking, and my RCL works fine, so it can't be that.

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
i owned my car for a full year and only found out that my car was alarmed when my battery died when i was working on it the other week. the dealer stated it was alarm/immobilised when i first bought it but my car doesnt chirp when i arm/disarm it so i thought the deealer pulled a fast one on me.
it has interior sensors but still cant set the alarm off if i try. the only way my alarm sounds if i try to start the eng before unlocking the car.

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
i owned my car for a full year and only found out that my car was alarmed when my battery died when i was working on it the other week. the dealer stated it was alarm/immobilised when i first bought it but my car doesnt chirp when i arm/disarm it so i thought the deealer pulled a fast one on me.
it has interior sensors but still cant set the alarm off if i try. the only way my alarm sounds if i try to start the eng before unlocking the car.

It won't chirp when you arm and disarm it, and the volumetric sensors will not be active, but these options can be activated with vagcom.

I'm just beginning to think I haven't got an alarm.

mikeholroyd

My Leon's the same -- no alarm fitted, so even when the chirp activated in VAGCOM it doesn't work!
Only chirps if alarm actually fitted -- if there's one fitted you'll have ultrasonics inside the car, and a switch to disable them on the pillar between front and rear doors, drivers side, also a red LED light by the drivers door lock button.

Mike

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members