Locky's 2010 Furia Grey Cupra - with GoPro BCS exhaust footage

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
July 2014 and i needed to seal up the bonnet strip as the lining and engine were getting pretty soggy...

Took the strip off and you can see the tide marks where the water has been..

These are the clips you need with the little rubber washers. Regardless of what you do, water will get in and if you plug the other holes, water will collect and leak through the points where the clips enter the bonnet, so make sure you have these ones fitted.

Strip first, and i put some 3M D-shaped rubber around the edges as you can see...

The rubber on the strip is not deep enough to seal along the bonnet so another strip of solid 3M rubber which I hope the rubber above will seal up against...

Now to plug the holes that let any water which does get under the strip into the engine.

Little bit crude, but for the two big holes I used cork...

And the little one in the middle i cut a chunk of engine cover rubber mount up...

Long story short, water still gets in but doesnt leak into the engine bay. If its been raining while the car warms up, I just lift the bonnet above the horizontal and the water which has collected just pours out the back of the strip into the drain hole just below the windscreen. Bit annoying it gets in, but it will be a long time before I mess around with that thing again!!

If you look closely you can see the water draining out the back...

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
I mentioned the Revo Ceramic intake before, this is the fitting on the turbo thats a real PITA to get to. clamping it to get on and off was really hard...

So I needed to mod the engine cover. Got a second hand one from Ebay for about 60 bucks...

Ended up chopped up like this....

I slotted the holes for the mounts just so they slip on a bit easier, a little more give but still enough resistance to stay in when you are pushing the cover on. Otherwise i found it just wouldnt go back on as the reduced strength in the plastic after cutting made it flex up..

So then it all goes together like this...

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Got a plastic battery cover for christmas :D Real tricky fitting it without removing the intake pipe, but i managed it in the end. Getting the earth wire up and under the casing is a bugger too!
Worth it because it tidys up the bay nicely.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Last month I ordered a new gear knob. Mine is fine apart from some annoying cracks in the Cupra badge insert.

It really bugged me enough to pay a fairly large sum of money to OEMVAG for a new one, not fitted it yet, will update when I do:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Now some slightly more exciting stuff, January 2015 I bought this Cupra R diffuser of a guy on here, and I just planned to keep it until i I needed to change my exhaust. Wasnt going to upgrade straight away.

So anyway looks like I am getting some BCS goodness soon, so I brought forward part one of the two part plan. Getting the diffuser repainted.

Here it is how I got it, semi gloss black:

From behind:

NOw here it is since the paint job I picked it up yesterday morning from the place Pullman Seat Dealerships use, Car and Bike magic Sunderland. Cost £96 all in:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Hello again mate and thanks for the previous help. You have also put me on the trail of the soundaktor. Were is this menace situated so i can follow ur lead again :) haha

Alright mate, if you put the bonnet up, looking from the front it is just in line with the bracket/mount to left of the battery which pokes out the back panel.

Then if you pull up the big rubber seal so that plastic scuttle below the windscreen can be bent up, you will see it there like in my picture.

Helps with a second pair of hands to do the holding. I was lucky with my narrow wrists I could push the clip with my thumb and finger it loose from the back. ;)
If you have got fat wrists you got no chance and will probably need to remove the back panel which I nearly did. I only persevered sneaking in through the gap because I rounded one of the bolts when I tried removing the panel!

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Waiting for the pictures man, it looks nice allready but really would like to see when all the stuff is on it ;)

Hope you have a big wallet :D

Cheers

Cheers mate and for sure, in a few weeks i'll be running the R diffuser and BCS gig, maybe some new plates and plasti dip badges. :)

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
This time next week I will be getting one of these fitted :D :D

:)

Number plates. Thinking my options are:

Go to Halfords/online for bog standard and stick it on.
I like the look of the new 3D gel lettering but despite being legal it seems the feds arent too keen.

I like surrounds but im not sure these need to be screwed in rather than stuck on.
The Cupra Sport ones on Awesome are nice not sure if the R logo in the middle means i shouldnt put it on a regular Cupra ;)

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
I love the colour of your cupra you dont see many if any like it.
Ive just done the same as you and ordered myself a bcs turbo back nigel really goes into detail on the phone which is nice as you get to know what your buying.

Thanks mate! Its a bit of a sleeper colour :) Ive not seen another Cupra in the same colour.

When is your BCS being done?

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Them 3d plates look good Paul, get a set bought mukka. Bet your getting excited about your zorst now mate?

Looking forward to seeing you if I'm about next Saturday all depends on work though.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Them 3d plates look good Paul, get a set bought mukka. Bet your getting excited about your zorst now mate?

Looking forward to seeing you if I'm about next Saturday all depends on work though.

Damn they are nearly 50 bucks! Hmm I might just keep it plain and not give any reasons to pull me :)

Yes feeling quite excited now mate. I do hope you make it along :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.