Locky's 2010 Furia Grey Cupra - with GoPro BCS exhaust footage

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Holla! Welcome to my readers ride thread!

Been a long time in getting round to this. Got some exciting shizz coming up soon so decided to help me track what's been going on, i should bring things up to speed on a RR thread and keep it updated.

I expect like most of you, I thought I would be content with stock Cupra goodness. Never planned on doing anything to it, joined the forum before making a purchase to have a poke about and what not.

So that hasn't happened!! I pretty much blame all of you for putting such ideas into my head.
Nothing too extravagant going on here!!

So far:

Cam follower
Dealership floor mats
Soundkator delete
Revo Ceramic Intake
Custom cut engine cover
APR v3.4 Stage 1
Repaired/sealed leaky bonnet strip
Ordered and returned a stubby ariel
Plastic battery cover
New OEM Cupra gearknob
Cupra R Diffuser gloss black
BCS Prestige Turbo Back System

In the pipeline:

Tyres
Springs
Stage 2 software update

Anyway, if it had not have been test driving a candy white FR CR170 and it going into limp on the motorway, doing a bit of digging on here and getting some help, I wouldnt have realised a derv was not for me. I probably would have bought it.

Thankfully my car is not a daily driver, and although doing a long old poke between tyne and wear and Plymouth a few times a year the Cupra, (not the R, I actively decided not to get one of those) was the one for me. Despite fancying Speed Blue, I fell in love with Furia Grey. Bit of a sleeper, not too shouty :) Traveled down to Grimsby to pick her up from the dealership in May 2014.

Anyway these were the pictures I took when I got home

Even had a nice bunch of flowers from the dealership which the missus liked :D

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
After reading about the deadly cam follower booby trap time bomb that comes free with our cars, I ordered mine from AKS and changed it July 2014.

No idea if this was the original, but this is the old one:

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Being a facelift model, it comes fitted with the annoying soundkator engine noise enhancement gizmo. Really didnt like it, so it got deleted.
I really can recommend getting rid of that synthetic sound if you still run one.

Here it is hiding away, I was just able to pull the plug pulling the plastic up without having to remove the back panel:

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
July 2014 I had to do something about making the engine sound a bit better, so I decided a Revo Ceramic and as the APR sale was on, well, it would be rude not to, so I went to Richard Martin Automotive in Peterlee for some Stage 1 goodness. Still not had the rolling road yet, but it feels immense.

I got the intake before the remap from Samtech, it was a bugger to get to the lowest clip, and cutting the engine cover was waaay more hard work than it seemed at the beginning.

First one delivered was damaged,

Bent:

but Samtech swapped it straight over for a new one the next day so it was sorted and I respected the way he handled the situation, so was pretty happy overall.

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Was lucky enough that the car came with the Kenwood DNX520VBT. Interfaces with my android and iphones, satnav is pretty good too, ive updated it all to the latest versions via the help on this guys page:
http://www.darkmoon.org.uk/dnx520vbt

I even made myself a custom startup screen seeing as I had both these mods now:

Put a custom background on the menu screens too:

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Tired now, other stuff to post about but pulling all this together has taken waaay longer than i thought! I should have started this months ago but thought i had nothing to write about!
Hardest bit is getting it going, or so says my missus, and thats done now, so stay tuned for the amazing shots of how i cut up my engine cover, and the tale of sealing up my bonnet strip and some more exciting stuff :)

Cheers for having a look :D

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
lovely looking motor there locky. look forward to what else you have planned for it

Earn it, Spend it

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Hi mate id be intrested in seeing how to cut the engine cover. Ive the same induction kit

To save Paul pulling his engine cover off I have a spare one that is cut to fit the revo intake I can PM you some images later today if that would help you fella.

Yours might not be cut as well as mine.... ;) ;)

Im gonna post a few pics of it here soon anyway that were taken during the modding so its no bother.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Very nice work you did !Cheers !

lovely looking motor there locky. look forward to what else you have planned for it

Earn it, Spend it

Cherrs guys!

Today was an exciting day, picked up my resprayed diffuser from the paint shop.
Will pop up some pictures soon here but ive put a pic on the what you did today thread.

Its the same place the Sunderland Seat dealership uses for their paint and recommended by Betty Swallox.

Was an undelivered Leon SC there for a touch up already!

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Yours might not be cut as well as mine.... ;) ;)

Im gonna post a few pics of it here soon anyway that were taken during the modding so its no bother.

:rofl: ha ha lol, to be fair the guy I got mine from didn't do a bad job.Looking at what needs cutting on them I could have made a much worse effort :D

Happy days about your deffuser mate!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.