marcuswomersley

Jan 14, 2009
Stoke-on-Trent
Is there anyone that can give me any information on longlife exhausts.. Do they give you any options of how loud the exhaust is? as i dont want an exhaust that is too loud :/ but i still want a nice noise when i put my foot down. thanks :)

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
I get a nice noise from my induction dude, had a powerflow stealth backbox and it just annoyed me!!

Theres silversystems in leek who are a powerflow dealer, think your talking £250 for a setup and you can tell them what your after.

But to answer your question, yes, you can choose your "noise".

Jimski

marcuswomersley

Jan 14, 2009
Stoke-on-Trent
Wll im plannin on gettin some kind of pannel filter.either from K&N or pipercross:) i dont fancy putting a full induction on it.
Well powerflow are a bit expencive for me.. ive got a quote from longlife for £169. and a 20% discount up till christmas.. so it seems like a pretty good deal to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BB5OklxKk
I just found that on youtube. Its described as "mid sport". Sounds right for me :)

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
My induction was £70 dude, found it made a real nice improvement, had it from PSI Tuning in newcastle, a QuikShift stainless mesh cone

Thats not a bad price,

Jimski

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Im free most evenings and in the day at the moment, so just shout up.

Where in stoke again are you?

Jimski

Longlife Jason

Hi. We can certainly tailor the exhaust sound to your requirements. From what you describe, you would want something like mid-sport. Quiet around town and then a bit of a bark when you have your foot on the loud pedal. You're more than welcome to call me on 01308 422282 to discuss further. I can also put you intouch with your local depot who will be happy to get the car on the ramp for you to discuss your requirements before you part with any cash.

Regards

Jason

marcuswomersley

Jan 14, 2009
Stoke-on-Trent
Im from around Uttoxeter jimski :) where abouts are you??

Thanks for that response. Im pretty sure my local dealer is derby :) who would i have to talk to to book a place in to look underneath her?? or could i just turn up. thanks :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The franchises are only as good as the metal they use and the welder on the day.

If i ever upgrade i'm buy an "off the shelf system" that is designed for the car, not built "around" it :)

Longlife Jason

Marcus - yes you can pop into the Derby depot at any time and they'll be happy to discuss your requirements.

Lee - Yes each cenre is only as good as the metal and the fitter. At Longlife we ONLY use T304 stainless as it's the best for this application. We also ONLY Tig weld our systems rather than some of the other custom builders who Mig. An off the shelf system is fine as long as you're happy with 'get what you're given'. If you want to be an indiviudal for styling and sound and also have a system that has superior build quality then you'd need a Longlife Custom built system. :)

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Marcus - yes you can pop into the Derby depot at any time and they'll be happy to discuss your requirements.

Lee - Yes each cenre is only as good as the metal and the fitter. At Longlife we ONLY use T304 stainless as it's the best for this application. We also ONLY Tig weld our systems rather than some of the other custom builders who Mig. An off the shelf system is fine as long as you're happy with 'get what you're given'. If you want to be an indiviudal for styling and sound and also have a system that has superior build quality then you'd need a Longlife Custom built system. :)

What lee means is there tested to get maximum gains from the design, hence why most but bueflame/miltek/

Longlife Jason

I certainly acknowledge the Miltek and the Blueflame route - they are fairly good at what they do. To be honest we haven't dyno tested many systems as we don't have the facility although I would be very happy to put one of our systems up against a proven Miltek or Blueflame for comparison. If there is anybody out there who would like a system built by us i'd be happy to do a deal to help pay for the cost of a dyno run.

Regards

Jason

Longlife Jason

It's difficult to really tell from that video as to how the car sounds. What we can do at each centre is to have in depth discussions as to how you want the car to sound and then use appropriate silencers and tube bore size to get the desired effect. In answer to your question, yes we could make the car sound the same as long as we had an accurate sample of what you want.

Longlife Jason

Although I do know of Prospeed i've personally not seen their work so wouldn't want to comment. I have heard stories but don't think it would be fair to either yourself or them to comment on hearsay. If you're in that area of the country then i'm guessing you would be going to either Bristol, Caerphilly or Swansea Longlife depots - all three of them have been operating for a good number of years and all have first class fitters.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
what kind of costs are we looknig at for cat back on leon cupra jason... maybe minus a little forum discount?

simple oval design as lcr, to fill the big void in the cupra rear apron. 2.5" cat back

low noise for me?

cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.