• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
May 13, 2007
1,017
0
Denmark
Hi, is that how a dead gasket look like?

DSC01591.JPG
 
I'm not a mechanic, but isnt it a bit to whiteish aorund the flange? And it also seem wet/oily! There must be someone in here that could give a statement:confused:
 
It could only be my forge hose from the turbo to the steel bended tube. But I really dont think it's laeking in that skale.. could be wrong
 
to me that looks like a coolant leak!
usually when coolan drips on to something hot it dries white like that
but at same time it wouldnt just sit there it would be all over
 
I've had it since 39.000, now it's on 88.000. When I think about it, I once sprayed WD40 on the aquator rod/arm cause I thought i was sticking. But thats around 15.000 km since, and I would expect that to be burn into hell by now with temperatures above 500-600 degrees.