Loss of power/ Judder and vibration / traction light on permanently

raymondbreen

Nov 24, 2003
moreton, cheshire
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have a wierd intermittent problem with my 53 plate cupra pd. It has been revo tuned but that was a year or so after having it and had no issues like this till a few weeks ago.

basically when i was cruising in 6th gear, give or take just over 2000 revs i felt a loss of power, it felt like i was driving into a very strong head wind, within a minute or so, i started to loose power, so i tried to accelarate then the car started to vibrate.

I was thinking what the hell, and started to pull off the motorway as a junction was coming up, and it got progressively worse to the point i had to give 5-6000 revs to get an accelaration at all, then the TCS Light stayed on permanently, not flashing like it does when a wheel spins.

I managed to pull into a lay by, and checked the car over, i turned it off and on and then drove it to a local dealer for a look over, but he couldnt find anything.

I put the whole thing down to a one off, but it happened again last night, in similiar circumstances.

One thing worth mentioning is that it would appear that the clutch is starting to slip under heavy accelaration, but the problems detailed above are after several minutes of no accelaration and just cruising.

Any thoughts?

Cheers in advance

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Did the dealer run an engine diagnostic??? I'll be very surprised if the car hasn't logged a fault code or two. Sounds like the MAF could be at fault.

raymondbreen

Nov 24, 2003
moreton, cheshire
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response.

Yea, they did, but the light had been on for a bit beforehand and it was identified that the glow plug needed swapping out, but there was no other fault detected.

Although they had to take out my radio as it was interferring with the diagnostics, which is weird.

After it happening last night, the engine management light is still off. its obviously out of warranty as its coming up to 6 years old this christmas, just hope its not going to cost me a lot to fix, damn.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
a m8s ibiza tdi , is doing something similar , but didnt mention juddering

just said in 5th (think its non PD ) above a ton it would loose power traction light would stay on , if eased and put foot back down it would get the power bk down,

but TCS light wouls stay on until engine restarts

i tried pluggin in the fault code reader , and couldnt gain access to anything ???

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.