loss of power on full boost

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
ok so this little problem is been trundling on for a while now, am after a few opinions here...

I have a forge 007 D/V how reliable are they, i mean has anyone had any problems with them sticking? i just serviced mine (thanks to forge) :) but i seem to be getting a problem on full boost, when i am really under load, i have this problem when i change gear, that it fails to come back on boost, if i lift off then re appy the throttle, it is fine, and will boost again (standard cupra R).
But today i was on a private road, and was just under three figures, when i lifted off and re applyed the throttle, i had full boost on the guage but no acceleration at all, just wouldnt pull, was like this for about 5miles. I pulled over and checked pipes and connections etc, then i continued on my way home, still no power, got to a roundabout, put me boot down onto the floor, there was all i can describe it as was a pop which came from the air filter side, like the d/v noise when i lift off, then the car boosted to 13psi and just launched off on full chat. So whats this all about then?
Any ideas? Sticky D/V?
Collapsing TIP on boost?
N75?

Anything else???? just so i can start to know where to look..i am going to put a standard bosch D/V back on tomorrow and see what happens. But does the lack of acceleration on boost sound like a pipe collapsing under pressure? Any ideas guys?

Cheers Matt

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
my n75 was playin up, but neva game on vag.com but come up the next day l8r. the car nevr use to pick up at all and never spin in 1st gear or 2nd. the car use die out in 3rd gear when hittin 3000rpms.
replaced the n75 valve, it was sorted problem, i currently have forge 007p dv.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
least itz only my Pee Cee dat 'azz da lost of da boost , smooov ;)

*sorry to hear it , though dude :(

i az de boost mate, sometimes, when it works propperly, think i may go down the N75 route, gonna change the tip anyway i think in rediness for the new map.

cheers guys.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
my Pee Cee az de boost, too. D/L's well rapid innit, jus' don' like dat fing frum Stu.. mus no'es it gorra virus in or summat innit ;) so i is leevin well alown :)

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
sounds like the TIP colapsed mate

This is one of the things i thought mate, but when i looked i couldnt see it still collapsed in? I will have a good fiddle tomorrow i think, re-check all pipes, and let someone else drive it and see what he thinks, or if its a case of me being oversensitive.. But that would explain the loud pop i heard when it sorted itself out...oh bloody cars...i dont wanna go spending money and chasing a phantom problem from one thing to the next.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
i hear what you mean! this week i spent money on a new lambda sensor, a new maf sensor and N75 valve for my car! im gutted and broke!
Here comes the road tax and mot, then the damm service!! OMG!!

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
i hear what you mean! this week i spent money on a new lambda sensor, a new maf sensor and N75 valve for my car! im gutted and broke!
Here comes the road tax and mot, then the damm service!! OMG!!

i really question my sanity sometimes, my car takes about 600 quid a month off me, and thats not modding it either, or standard maintenance, ie pads tyres etc,but does include average fuel bill, now when you put it into terms like that, well i could move out if i got rid of the car. BUT i love it, and it makes me happy, same as your pulsar at weekends no doubt. I just hate throwing money at it to fix/chase problems that are not there. Gonna go log VAG COM tomorrow, and see if we have anything......trundles off to VAG COM section to find the correct MAF logs etc...

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
When you stopped to check everything, did you turn it off, then back on again? It might have dropped into limp mode, which then got reset when you restarted it.

Best get it vag-com'd

Mine has always had an occasional on-off-on hesitation...

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Ok so went and ran a couple of logs (not that easy on your own) and i logged the MAF, read 164g/s so am assuming this is a fine reading from what i could get from other posts. Did log block 115 for boost, had to lift off on the run (slow ass drivers) only for a split second, and it did its usual trick of sticking, which showed in the log. I need to do some more logs when the roads are quieter later i think. VAG COM pulled these fault codes.

16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow
P0441 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
01039 - Coolant Temperature Sensor (G2)
64-10 - Not Currently Testable - Intermittent
01039 - Coolant Temperature Sensor (G2)
30-10 - Open or Short to B+ - Intermittent
00933 - Electric Window Motor: Passenger Side (V148)
62-10 - No or Incorrect Adjustment - Intermittent

Not got a clue what the top one is? Exhaust? LAMBDA probe shot????
It also looks to me like both the temp sensors are playing up, is this correct?? and could this be accounting for the 50 odd miles less im getting from a tank of juice ( i had put it down to the cold weather)
and electric windo motor? What? i know i have a leaking rear door seal, but dont see this has any relivance to this, ie water getting into it, as its on the other side of the inner door card?

What does anyone else make of this? Any thoughts dudes?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
You need to change your coolant sensor to the green topped to properly get rid of the 01039 code.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members