loss of power

siecarol

ive got a ibiza cupra diesel. today i was driving today got to about 70 mph on motor way i might add. and it seemed like id hit a brick wall pushing the throttle and nout happened then as i slowed down for traffic and tried to excelarate nothing happened just a very very small increase in speed hardly noticable, revs hardly moved up. no ecu light came on either. nxt junction i got off stopped (safely) switched engine off turned back on adn car returned to normal. any ideas why this happened, also my e/w just stopped working fuse is ok. dont no what else to check, any ideas please. thanks simon.

nuts

Feb 6, 2006
Leeds
ive got a ibiza cupra diesel. today i was driving today got to about 70 mph on motor way i might add. and it seemed like id hit a brick wall pushing the throttle and nout happened then as i slowed down for traffic and tried to excelarate nothing happened just a very very small increase in speed hardly noticable, revs hardly moved up. no ecu light came on either. nxt junction i got off stopped (safely) switched engine off turned back on adn car returned to normal. any ideas why this happened, also my e/w just stopped working fuse is ok. dont no what else to check, any ideas please. thanks simon.

Sounds like the MAF sensor mate. This usually results in a loss of power in limp mode. The maybe a deeper reason why it failed so get a diagnostic check done.

Nuts

siecarol

ah rite ok cheers for that, gettin new discs &pads nxt week so mention it to garage. been finkin of a remap but nt sure wot type ?? anyway fanks mate

Bigbhp18t

ah rite ok cheers for that, gettin new discs &pads nxt week so mention it to garage. been finkin of a remap but nt sure wot type ?? anyway fanks mate

Hello m8

You need to make sure you get on top of the cause of the loss off power issue before you get a remap carried out. If not the remap could give you even more problems to worry about.

The main cause of limp mode on a TDI is over boost caused buy a vacume leak, fault valve, sticky VNT. Other causes could muck in the fuel or dirty filter.

You can save yourself a few quid by getting hold of your own diagnostics tool for the same sort of money that a garage would charge you to plug there tool in once.

Ben

siecarol

hey ok will do erm where would i get diagnostic tool from and are they easy to use ?? and how come no ecu light came on ?? thanks for advice mate got few fings planned but guess gotta sort this out first lol. also any ideas bout e/w nt workin checked fuse its ok ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.