Loving the 184!

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
Got my Technic Grey 184 on Friday and after my first weekend with it i can safely say i absolutely love it to bits! Fast as hell and such an upgrade over a 51 plate 1.2 Clio :rofl::rofl:

leon_zpssgprxwts.jpg

leon3_zpsx4nhpxp1.jpg

leon2_zps6ditgycc.jpg

Last edited:

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland
Good luck with it - I also got mine on Friday evening, and put 1100km on her over the weekend. Nicely run in now :).

The mid range punch is very impressive - surprised a Jag XK (and me!)

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
Good luck with it - I also got mine on Friday evening, and put 1100km on her over the weekend. Nicely run in now :).

The mid range punch is very impressive - surprised a Jag XK (and me!)
Think ive stuck around 200 mile on mine and been smiling for every one of them!
Love sticking it in sport mode and flying past beemers on the dual carriageways, after being bullied on the roads in my old clio for the last 2 years its time for pay back [:@][:@]:funk::funk:

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Looks good mate. I'm too loving the 184, it's a cracking car and a great engine. Coming from a 1.6TDi its a great improvement with loads of power available in every gear

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
Looks good mate. I'm too loving the 184, it's a cracking car and a great engine. Coming from a 1.6TDi its a great improvement with loads of power available in every gear

Cheers!
Yeah its a brilliant engine, after starting car life with a 1.2 clio the improvement is phenomenal. Ive only had it since friday and ive already forgot what the clio was like haha

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Technik grey, performance alloys and 5dr is the best looking Leon FR combo IMO. Enjoy!

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
Technik grey, performance alloys and 5dr is the best looking Leon FR combo IMO. Enjoy!

Thanks! I completely agree :D
Pulled up next to a black FR yesterday and was so glad with my choice of Technic Grey, i think the driver of the black one thought id made the better choice too by the look on his face haha

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland
IMO black is the only way to go here. The chrome trim on the grill and chrome/silver roof rails are really set off by the black bodywork, and I thought the titanium pack was lost on the grey colour.

I will agree that everyone personal opinion is different, of course.

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland
As a matter of curiosity, what's the tyre profile on the performance alloys? I know they are 18" wheels, but the titanium wheels I have are also 18", but apparently have a different profile (according to my dealer).

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
IMO black is the only way to go here. The chrome trim on the grill and chrome/silver roof rails are really set off by the black bodywork, and I thought the titanium pack was lost on the grey colour.

I will agree that everyone personal opinion is different, of course.

For me there isnt a bad colour on the Leon, I just think the technic grey looks more "slick".
White for me is too common and is the only one that I would have been unhappy with but it still looks great.

Last edited:

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland
I was actually seriously thinking of buying white when configuring online - once I saw it in the metal, I changed my mind. Honestly the grey was close, as was the blue, but once I saw the black with the LEDs, I was hooked.

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
I was actually seriously thinking of buying white when configuring online - once I saw it in the metal, I changed my mind. Honestly the grey was close, as was the blue, but once I saw the black with the LEDs, I was hooked.

You got any pics of yours mate?
Just noticed its an ST, not seen an FR ST in the metal yet let alone a black one

BurpleMan

Apr 14, 2015
N.Ireland
Congrats, many happy miles to you. Car looks great. Only got mine a couple of weeks ago too, went for the white SC with the titanium pack, just loved how the headlight units look with the white :drool:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.