Low revs after driving on tickover?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
My car has started doing this all the time now onn the way to work in a morning.

Because the roads are jam packed I often drive (well crawl) in 1st using tickover to drive along a busy road I join. Then when the car brakes in front of me and I dip my clutch my revs drop below its usual idle speed, resulting in the cabin shakin and engine not sounding too happy...if I blip the accelerator very slightly the revs increase to its normal idle speed........then set off and crawl along in 1st again and come to stop and my idle drops low again.

Any ideas what this can be?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
When you're on the overrun, using the engine to slow down the car, the ECU cuts fuel completely and the engine is just running as an air compressor. It could be that your injectors need a clean after all this frugal running.

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
I thought it was normal for the engine, mines done it from day 1, it will idle around 900 when cold and moving slowly, as the engine warms up and if you drop below 5mph with clutch pressed or in nuetral the idle will then drop to 750-800 ish, i figured it was just to save on fuel when in traffic?

Although saying that im comparing your PD to my CR, no idea if they operate differently regards to idle speeds :think:

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
When you're on the overrun, using the engine to slow down the car, the ECU cuts fuel completely and the engine is just running as an air compressor. It could be that your injectors need a clean after all this frugal running.

Italian tuneup?!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise