lowered "60mm" but still looks same height at back?

vngtx

stuck some cheap lowering springs on my car when i had an hour free at work, the front used to have a 10cm gap between top of tyre and wheel arch, now it sits nicely. however, the rear has hardly moved at all, still a big gap between the top of the tyre and the arch.
is there any way to make it lower without coilovers?

picture.php

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
looks a bit lower to me , but as you say 60mm?
this is when you need to check before & after measurements or maybe look at the thread Brummy started re: ride heights to check

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Mind you, If you've just used old springs and left your original shockers on, that could be causing a mis-match

maybe a few cable ties?!?!

Seriously, NO .............DONT!!!!!

vngtx

im sure he used new springs and old shockers. he got them off me. they are brand new spax 60mm lowering springs. surely they havnt had time to settle?

possibly. shudnt really put these on standards shocks. i noticed that the back shockers have quite alot of thread on, so maybe i could fit a shorter/longer? spacer between the spring holster and the first nut? i know that just using springs never lowers as much as it should.

vngtx

looks like fronts gone down bout 45mm, but back only 25. would it make any difference to fit matching spax shocks?

vngtx

i may put the sub and my tool box in the boot, that should push it down.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Im sure Dinky Dave said something about this. All the companys use the same set of springs for the whole range. I.e 60mm springs fit all models. And as the 8v(?)/16v is 15mm lower than a 1.4 then you only get 45mm lowering I.e 60 - 15 = 45mm.

Im sure he looked into this and contacted various companies asking the question when he was changing his suspension, and it was fairly recently aswell.

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
standard setup on mine of tyre to outer wing lip is : Front 55mm rear 45mm.
if you have a 60mm drop then you should -10mm on front & -15mm on rear? ie both tyres should be in the arches