Lowered and painted wheels, what do you guys think?

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
So this week has been quite an expensive, yes quite pleasing week. Started off bought myself some wind deflectors from Team Heko which I think really suit the car.
After that it was time for some new tyres as the original Bridgestones had completely had it

So new rubber

took everyone's recommendations on here and went for the Michelin Super Sports and WOW what a tyre, have only drove in the wet and icy roads on them so far and they are such a big improvement on the originals. Cannot wait to try them in the dry.

Next up I bought some VWR lowering springs literally brand new in the box off somebody on Instagram for a good price, and couldn't wait to get them on lol. While it was in workshop I had my diamond cut wheels sprayed gloss black, and as much as it hurt me to do it with them being diamond cut, I personally think it looks so much better. I also had a few other bits done gloss black on the car, badges etc and I now think it all ties in nicely and doesn't look to over the top, with just 3 colours on the car, white, gloss black and red.

Really pleased with how the ride is aswel with the springs, was expecting it to be a lot harsher, but it's not. You do feel it a little more going over pot holes maybe, but other than that really pleased with the way it looks and the way in handles. Anyway here's a few pics and would welcome any good and bad views on the car and ways I can maybe improve it some more [B)]:D

And before:

Last edited:

CupraDan85

Jan 19, 2016
Looking very nice. White with the black wheels don't think it can be beat, especially with the red calipers bursting through really stands out!

Good job

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
Looking very nice. White with the black wheels don't think it can be beat, especially with the red calipers bursting through really stands out!

Good job

Cheers mate, I think the black wheels now make the calipers stand out a lot more

p1ngwin

Oct 26, 2015
Sweden
20/25 sounds too little, you mean 50/40? and -15mm sportchassi ? What spec do you have on your rims? How wide are they and what ET ? :)
i compare just with other cars who has lowering 35/35 and much more wheel gap than you :)

Last edited:

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
20/25 sounds too little, you mean 50/40? and -15mm sportchassi ? What spec do you have on your rims? How wide are they and what ET ? :)
i compare just with other cars who has lowering 35/35 and much more wheel gap than you :)

Not too sure on ET and all that it's a standard Sub8 Cupra. If you do a google search for VWR springs Cupra 280 it tells you that it drops it 20/25mm. They are the same as the Mk7 Gti springs.

p1ngwin

Oct 26, 2015
Sweden
Okey! should be right then! hmm i have not a cupra but an FR thats why i woundering about that things!

I have bought new 19" rims then im gonna lowering but i dont know how much! The rims has ET 40 and im gonna drive with 225/35 tyres, its quite agressive ET..

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Very nice, i've always hated those diamond cut/gloss black wheels so nice upgrade!
Also the lowering does look just right, spot on!
Only thing that does not look good for my eye is that side skirt is lower than front, that is a big no no...
And those oem alloys need spacers badly.

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
Very nice, i've always hated those diamond cut/gloss black wheels so nice upgrade!
Also the lowering does look just right, spot on!
Only thing that does not look good for my eye is that side skirt is lower than front, that is a big no no...
And those oem alloys need spacers badly.

Yeah I think the wheels look so much better now. Noooooooo, you have just made me notice that with the side skirts, now that's gonna bug me, thanks :cry: haha. Was planning on buying the Triple R front splitter, so think that's gonna have to coke soon rather than later now lol. Yes agree with spacers too, although I think I'm not going to bother with the fronts, just the backs maybe 10/12mm

Jm1987

Jul 27, 2015
How much did the wheels cost if you don't mind me asking? Are they just sprayed?

Thanks
B

I've got a mate that's got a bodyshop so he did them for me. I think the going rate (in bham anyway) is around £45 a wheel, that's for 18", so maybe around £200 for 19's. Yes just spayed black, refurbed the little bit of damage the Mrs did, then sprayed.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I've got a mate that's got a bodyshop so he did them for me. I think the going rate (in bham anyway) is around £45 a wheel, that's for 18", so maybe around £200 for 19's. Yes just spayed black, refurbed the little bit of damage the Mrs did, then sprayed.

Cheers. Look really good and at those sorts of prices I am tempted to get my multi spokes done.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.