Lowering Height

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
sold dude, let me know when youd be collecting. dont worry they have and are in safe storage boxed up so no rush for you.

BEARDY

MESSAGE FOR RICH H44;
IF YOUR INTERESTED IN MY SUSPENSION LET ME KNOW.
£80 iNC POSTAGE,
DO YOU HAVE PAYPAL?
I'M IN DEVON WHERE ARE YOU? :confused::confused::confused:

BEARDY

cool,
which services are the nearest to you and poss the easyest for me. m5?
we'll chat more weds, :clap:
07813086188 call?

Last edited by a moderator:

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Well i ordered my 60/40 kit at the beginning of the week so should be here by the end of the week. If it does arrive i will fit it at the weekend, take some before and after pics and post on here i'll also post if i come across any problems. May help future newbs.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Well i ordered my 60/40 kit at the beginning of the week so should be here by the end of the week. If it does arrive i will fit it at the weekend, take some before and after pics and post on here i'll also post if i come across any problems. May help future newbs.

Was that you hanging out your front door bout 9ish talking to the postie....was gonna give you a bib but didn't wanna scare ya:p all this has confused me greatly, coilies should be on next week n dunno how much to tell the garage to lower em by???? obviously living near risted we have the same issues but can't imagine sutton n kingston being that much different roadwise whereas chrisdaman said he's got his coilies right down i think:confused: or am i being naive here?? want a noticeable difference!!

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Nope that wasn't me could have been my brother, if you ever see me i would more than welcome a bib as i don't know any other SCN members in our area. If mine do arrive by the weekend i'll take the motor out for a drive down some roads i know that have big bumps, and i'll report back on how the 60/40 kit manages it, might help you out with a rough idea on how low then.

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
Hi

I'm gonna purchase some new springs and shocks from Jackson Tuning, but i don't know whether to to get the 40/40 kit or the 60/40. There are alot of bumps round my area and wondered if the 60/40 would still get over the bumps? Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Rich

if the ibiza mk2 is anything like a mk2 golf then the optimum drop would be 40mm as this puts the suspension wishbones ( or the correct name!:confused:) parralell to the ground giving optimum wheel camber.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Nope that wasn't me could have been my brother, if you ever see me i would more than welcome a bib as i don't know any other SCN members in our area. If mine do arrive by the weekend i'll take the motor out for a drive down some roads i know that have big bumps, and i'll report back on how the 60/40 kit manages it, might help you out with a rough idea on how low then.

I never see your car off the drive!!:lol: But will do homage type bibs when passing only at sociable times tho!! Good man,thanks for that,be interesting to see whether there's still a sump on the car when finished:shrug:

BEARDY

HEY DUDES SORRY TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD,
AS YOUVE PROBABLY READ I'M PUTTING MY CAR BACK TO STANDARD HEIGHT, GOT SOME NEW STUFF IN THE PIPE LINE BUT HE SAID I WILL NEED THE TOP MOUNTS, QUESTION IS WHEN YOU LOWER A CAR DO YOU USE THE STANDARD TOP MOUNTS FOR THE LOWERED GEAR OR DO YOU NEED DIFFERANT ONES, IF THERE THE SAME THEN, COOL IF NOT I GUESS I'D BETTER GET SOME.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
I never see your car off the drive!!:lol: But will do homage type bibs when passing only at sociable times tho!! Good man,thanks for that,be interesting to see whether there's still a sump on the car when finished:shrug:

I work in Croydon so get the tram to and from work thats why it's always there. When i started the thread the general opinion was 60/40 should be ok as i'm rolling on 16" so hopefully my sump stays exactly where it is ;)

HEY DUDES SORRY TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD,
AS YOUVE PROBABLY READ I'M PUTTING MY CAR BACK TO STANDARD HEIGHT, GOT SOME NEW STUFF IN THE PIPE LINE BUT HE SAID I WILL NEED THE TOP MOUNTS, QUESTION IS WHEN YOU LOWER A CAR DO YOU USE THE STANDARD TOP MOUNTS FOR THE LOWERED GEAR OR DO YOU NEED DIFFERANT ONES, IF THERE THE SAME THEN, COOL IF NOT I GUESS I'D BETTER GET SOME.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Whats with the caps? I was told that you can use the existing top mounts but i was recommended to change them for new ones just incase the old the ones are knackered don't quote me on that though as i'm not really in the know about this stuff.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
I work in Croydon so get the tram to and from work thats why it's always there. When i started the thread the general opinion was 60/40 should be ok as i'm rolling on 16" so hopefully my sump stays exactly where it is ;)

Whats with the caps? I was told that you can use the existing top mounts but i was recommended to change them for new ones just incase the old the ones are knackered don't quote me on that though as i'm not really in the know about this stuff.

i've given up trying to work all this out,have the coilies anything else found to be needed the mechanic can get from gsf,my brain is far too addled to deal with this!!!:)

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
When i mentioned replacing mine i was told to think about replacing the front top mounts, ball joints and bottom arm, you don't need to replace as you can use existing ones but it was recommended. Then again my car is 1996 so it will be slightly older than yours. As i said though don't quote me on this as i'm not completely in the know and only goin on what i have been told.

BEARDY

OK GUYS,
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLiES, HOPE YOU GET YOURS DONE OK RiSTED,
CHEERS.:worship: :worship:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland

Honestly mate your sump should be fine at 60mm drop on the front. Mine is lowered 60mm at the front and have no problems. Just get catching on my tyres if i hit a bad bump but nothing more.

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
its an N reg 95 dude, if it was a 96 dont think youd have the retro cool styling :)

I have no idea why i put 96 :doh: as i know it's a 95 and with all the insurance quotes i been doing it's been stuck in my head as 95 oh well moment of madness :shrug:

Honestly mate your sump should be fine at 60mm drop on the front. Mine is lowered 60mm at the front and have no problems. Just get catching on my tyres if i hit a bad bump but nothing more.

Cheers mate i seem to be getting mixed opinions at the moment now was getting a little worried as i have already ordered but as you say i'm sure it will be ok.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.