Lowering Height

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Cheers for your help everyone. I have just ordered my springs and shocks so should be here by the end of the week then i'll fit it at the weekend and take some pics. As Dolly suggested i might replace the top mounts and ball joints i found this site, www.vwspares.co.uk they seem pretty cheap anyone used them before?

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
i had a jacksons 60/40 kit on my mk3 polo gt and it was good value for money plus the rears had about 5 height settings.
defo do the front top mounts as someone suggested and bottoms arms etc if they have never been done before while your at it

MarkJ

Ibiza GTi
Mar 26, 2007
Chesterfield
Cheers for your help everyone. I have just ordered my springs and shocks so should be here by the end of the week then i'll fit it at the weekend and take some pics. As Dolly suggested i might replace the top mounts and ball joints i found this site, www.vwspares.co.uk they seem pretty cheap anyone used them before?

m0rk recommended vwspares.co.uk to me last week, he used them and had no problems. I will be using them shortly for a few things.

BEARDY

Hi Guys,
Any One Out There Know Where To Get Some Standard Springs From,
1999 2.0 Gti Cupra S

BEARDY

Just Bought My Cupra Sport And Its Been Lowered Sooooo Much That The Standard Front Bumper Catches The Shallowest Of Curbs As I Pull Into My Drive Way, Do You Think I Could Keep The Uprated Shocks And Just Change The Springs Back To Standard?
Help

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Thats guting,try and find out what its been lowerd by.They maybe to short, to take standard springs,but they might do,

BEARDY

Been Dropped 60 Mm, Cant Get My Hand Between The Wheel And Tyre, Im Gutted As I Cant Drive It Until Its Been Highered, Lowering Sounds Good In Theory But Is So Impractical For Every Day Driving, My Spine Hurts When I Drive It, Looks Good But Is Such A Waste Of Time And Money For Every Day Driving.

BEARDY

Hey Dolly Gti,
You Could Be My New Best Friend,
Is It For The Mark 2 1999 T Plate?
How Much?

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
they are off my R reg valver, it will fit yeh. im in the midlands collection would be prefered as they are fairly heavy, will require top mounts as had to swop these to the weitecs.

BEARDY

YES IT IS A SHAME AS IT LOOKS COOL, BUT JUST NOT PRACTICAL TO DRIVE :lol: MUST GO UP

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
just make me an offer dude, doubt without buying new youll find any with this low a mileage behind them :)

can also meet on a motor services ect, long as i dont have to go too far :)

BEARDY

HELLO AGAIN,
JUST HAD A QUOTE FROM MY LOCAL AUTO SPARES SHOP AND THEY WANT £110 FOR THE LOT, NOT SURE WHAT MAKE THEY ARE BUT THEY A WARRENTEED FOR TWO YEARS,
HOWS £60 SOUND? :headhurt:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise