Lowering springs

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
Think that fr comes with 15mm lower springs.
Not sure about shocks.

Isnt cup a little bit too hard for daily?

vag familia

I must admit Ive only used the springs - never had a full cup setup just assumed that was their shock/spring combo pack?

dont have enough information to call it but you sound like you know a lot more about it than i do :)

anyway, managed to dig this up:

"The 1.8-litre TSI Seat SC FR gets a MacPherson strut suspension system at the front and a multi-link set-up at the back – unlike the lower-powered models in the range which make do with a rear torsion beam. It sits 15mm lower too and further benefits from 20 per cent stiffer suspension and sports-tuned dampers. In combination with the FR’s relatively small 17-inch alloys, the ride quality is impressive; it delivers a slick combination of cosseting damping and minimal roll while retaining a sporting edge.

Around corners the electromechanical steering feels direct and accurate. It’s surprisingly light at low speed but not unpleasantly so; as speed increases, so does the steering weight. A little more resistance off-centre would make things a little more engaging and controllable, but there's plenty of grip and traction on offer and the FR is enjoyable to thread through sweeping corners. An electronic transverse differential lock further boosts the FR's cornering capabilities, applying braking input to the inside wheel to assist in keeping the car on the desired line."

In amongst the blah i heard "20% stiffer suspension and sports-tuned dampers". I reckon a good set of springs will be plenty for me with that :p

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Only things i see is 15mm and 20% :D

Yes i was told that is little bit stiffer,but i like it the way it is.even my gf doesnt complain about it.
It rides smoother on18", than my previous golf mk4 on 15"

For aftermarket suspension take a look at koni or kw.

vag familia

Last edited:

Martynm14

Oct 19, 2014
Might be a silly question but I want to buy some springs and I don't know if mine is rear axle independent or not, I have a 1.2tsi 63 plate. Thanks.

Lee_car

Jul 4, 2016
I've got some new h&r 35mm drop for sale for the mk3 fr 180 / 184 if anyone's after some

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
I've got some new h&r 35mm drop for sale for the mk3 fr 180 / 184 if anyone's after some

What car did you have them on prior was it the hatch, sc or st? How long were they on the car for also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee_car

Jul 4, 2016
What car did you have them on prior was it the hatch, sc or st? How long were they on the car for also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are new unused mate was bought for hatch

Last edited:

cfdave

Dec 31, 2016
South Wales
Sorry I only just seen your reply. A 30mm drop would only give me about 15mm as the FR is 15mm lower anyway. I was just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Namaz

Nov 14, 2016
Zele, East-Flanders, Belgium
I have a question, I would like to buy the Eibach Sportline springs 50mm/45mm at the front and 35mm/40mm at the back.

I have an ST FR, the question -> are the springs to low for the original shocks?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Renex

Nov 17, 2016
Moscow, Russia
Hi guys! I'm still wondering how much lowering can -35mm H&R springs get.
I've ordered Koni Sport Kit with that springs, but doubt won't it be too low for me. Now I've got russian suspension pack with uppered +20mm clearence, and afraid can I drive in winter or in the suburbs with -35mm springs?
Now car look like this

How could it look like if I install -35mm springs?
Just like this or much lower?

On the other hand, I'm looking for used stock springs with proper weight (960kg on front) from euro FR SC version (that are a bit lower than usual Leons).

Can anybody post their photos comparing car on lowering springs and stock FR?

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
definitely it will not be that low as on the last picture. it will be more like EU stock FR. Your FR looks like our Non FR Leon. although from the pictures i looks higher than that...Is the +20mm added to the EU FR suspension? EU FR suspension is 15-20mm lower than NON FR.

This is mine FR on stocks, although ST not hatch.

fd16f97cad8a0bdf3251d3989d97937b.jpg

198404cead52f6a77d357fd8c906776e.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise