Lowering/Wheel Combo options.

Lowering/Wheel combo.

• Raise with coilovers.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Leave how it is as rubbing is just at full lock.

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
As some of you may know my new Oz's are rubbing on the front arches/chassis leg.

Im currently running a 60mm/40mm drop but have no issues at the rear.

With the Oz's on it is sitting like this at the front. (Hope you dont mind me borrowing your photo Crezz. ours is the only one I can find where its sitting close to mine. :blink:)

Copyof25122008571.jpg

So I have 2 options:

Either go with coilovers and raise the front abit or trim the raised parts on the arch liners and live with the rubbing.

Either way I think I will need to slightly trim the arch liners anyways as Im running a 205 wide tyre.

Im looking forward to everyones input/suggestions.

Craig.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i voted "leave...."
as crezz's height looks mint (so yours is about the same right)
and when is full lock used? except for parking now and then? (i'd go with trimming the arch liner)

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
So how is it scrubbing? Surely the offset is correct? Are they 7J if you are running a 205? I had my car lower than the picture shows running oz superleggera and I didnt have any issues with scrubbing.

Hope you get it sorted either way

Ollie

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I think I am going to leave it as I only use full-lock for parking. And even if I got coilovers the arch-liners would still need abit of trimming.

So how is it scrubbing? Surely the offset is correct? Are they 7J if you are running a 205? I had my car lower than the picture shows running oz superleggera and I didnt have any issues with scrubbing.

Hope you get it sorted either way

Ollie

I dont know how its scrubbing, think it could be because the tyres are brand new. They are a 7j wheel and the offset it ET35.

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

Theres pictures of the rubbing.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well my compo's are ET35 16x7J when I had to slamed on collies it rubbed the inner arch so I trimmed back what it rubbed then job done. But I'm using 195/45 16's not 205

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
I've got 16x7s and lowered about 100mm and no scrub at all, I've got 195/40/16s tho.

Could you get some small spacers just to push it 5mm so it doesn't rub? Doesn't look like it's rubbing to much from pics so it may help.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
You got any pictures with your wheels on the car?
You could always take your engine out??
Would save you money on petrol, mean the front end is lifted up a bit too

Ollie

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
You got any pictures with your wheels on the car?
You could always take your engine out??
Would save you money on petrol, mean the front end is lifted up a bit too

Ollie

haha i like that ollie
or just cut out the bottom and run with it like flintstones :p

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
I've got 16x7s and lowered about 100mm and no scrub at all, I've got 195/40/16s tho.

Could you get some small spacers just to push it 5mm so it doesn't rub? Doesn't look like it's rubbing to much from pics so it may help.

spacers should fix the problem shouldn't they?

or you try not to full lock and do abit more wheel spinning to wear the tyres abit :D

May 31, 2008
Thats wierd though because I am running 195's on 7.5j at about 65mm lowered at the front and I get zero scrubbing, I did have it down to 75mm without rubbing also.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise