Lowering

Mcupra

Mr sensible
May 27, 2009
Sheffield, UK
Hi there just wondered if anyone thinks lowering my mk4 cupra 25mil with apex is any good?

Don't wanna go stupid low, but want to see it sat just right if you get me?

Do u lot think 25 mil is decent or waste of time?

Apr 27, 2008
luke's right, you are not going to notice hardly any difference with 25mm. iv got AP coilovers on my cupra which has dropped the rear about 70-80mm
DSC00581.jpg

if your not after a really big dropped then, a then try asking people from AWESOME GTI and DPM PERFORMANCE. there forum sponsers on here and they can sort you out

Mcupra

Mr sensible
May 27, 2009
Sheffield, UK
luke's right, you are not going to notice hardly any difference with 25mm. iv got AP coilovers on my cupra which has dropped the rear about 70-80mm
DSC00581.jpg

if your not after a really big dropped then, a then try asking people from AWESOME GTI and DPM PERFORMANCE. there forum sponsers on here and they can sort you out

Ur cupra looks very tidy lowered

Apr 27, 2008
AP's are a good set to have. mine have been great since i put them one, and iv never heard a bad word about them. when i fitted mine, i didn't fit the rear adjuster cups because i wanted mine as low as possible and then just lower the front so its level, now it sits just how i want it.

iv decided against tinting the window's this time, i had them done on my other MK4 ibiza and they looked good. you'll have to get a readers ride thread set up

Mcupra

Mr sensible
May 27, 2009
Sheffield, UK
Ok i've been told by a few garages not to bother putting the coilovers on because it will bug the hell out of me - hit a speed bump and u think the dashboard in gonna explode, ect.

I've been advised just to stick 25mil spring and shockers onto it and it'll be sound.
Cant go any lower as this is the only one for cupras.

Jun 24, 2007
durham
Ok i've been told by a few garages not to bother putting the coilovers on because it will bug the hell out of me - hit a speed bump and u think the dashboard in gonna explode, ect.

I've been advised just to stick 25mil spring and shockers onto it and it'll be sound.
Cant go any lower as this is the only one for cupras.

load of sh1t tbf, i am wound right down with the adjusters out the back on ap coilovers and have to go over 7 speed bumps to get out of my estate never felt harsh yet

Mcupra

Mr sensible
May 27, 2009
Sheffield, UK
load of sh1t tbf, i am wound right down with the adjusters out the back on ap coilovers and have to go over 7 speed bumps to get out of my estate never felt harsh yet

What coilers are they mate? i know cheap ones can be crap, but might just be quality?
Sorry for banging on, but just wanna make right choice before i splash out.

Jun 24, 2007
durham
What coilers are they mate? i know cheap ones can be crap, but might just be quality?
Sorry for banging on, but just wanna make right choice before i splash out.

ap ones mate about a middle of the road coilover in terms of price dont think any one has a bad word to say about them on here

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
Generally coilovers are too stiff if you don't lower it enough, this is because the springs push against the strut top which pushes the piston upwards giving it less travel
Think I was wound down maybe 40 - 45 before they got softer.

What the garages say is rubbish, Once they settle In they become as comfy if not comfier than the standard setup.

This is also the case on the Track/road fiesta we have :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.