Main beam

Nov 30, 2022
Lincoln uk
Hi there. I have picked up my seat arona fr edition today. I have my headlights on auto. My question is does high beam come in automatically also or do I have to do it manually with the liever.
Thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
"Auto" in general tends to mean that when the ambient lighting level drops, the headlights etc get switched on.

The switching between dip and main beam - and more, will be automatic on some LED lighting systems, but I'm guessing that your car has normal "basic" headlights.

So, to cut to the chase, I'd think that you will need to do the dip<>main beam switching.

Tell

Staff member
Worth mentioning that with the auto light setting if you switch it off and it gets dark it cuts out the dash to punish you to put the lights on. You keep on auto all the time unless in a garage. Dealers often turn them off so you get given the car back turned to off.

Main beam assistant

You need the high definition camera that comes with lane assist. It images lights in front of you. So if you haven't got lane assist you wouldn't have an option for main beam assist / assistant. Going to be that V aperature camera under the dash mirror, not on the dash mirror. I have it on my Ateca but isn't on the Arona. It images the road ahead as well as picking out lines, moving traffic it also picks out dots of light of oncoming traffic and does the auto dip.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.