make my leon faster

seat_marsbar

my leon 1.8 t 180 cupra is running a remap air filter and exhaust system and sitting at 240bhp what could be next to go that little bit more ?

seat_marsbar

yea was a big surprice to me to lol but am finking about a bigger intercooler now

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Yup, FMIC would be a good idea to keep inlet temps a bit lower, and the TIP as Kineticz said. Don't always think that power is everything. A proper fast car handles and stops well too, so if you havn't already, look into the following:

Audi S3 Upper and Lower strut braces
Rear arb (Neuspeed/Whiteline)
Shocks and springs (Weitec/AP/Bilstein/Spax/AVO)
Bigger brakes (LCR Brembo's?)
Rear strut brace
4 Wheel alignment

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Yup, FMIC would be a good idea to keep inlet temps a bit lower, and the TIP as Kineticz said. Don't always think that power is everything. A proper fast car handles and stops well too, so if you havn't already, look into the following:

Audi S3 Upper and Lower strut braces
Rear arb (Neuspeed/Whiteline)
Shocks and springs (Weitec/AP/Bilstein/Spax/AVO)
Bigger brakes (LCR Brembo's?)
Rear strut brace
4 Wheel alignment

Great advice. :) Makes the power soooooo much more fun!

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich

New to Leon's but no stranger to modding cars! Love putting power/handling/stopping all together in one package!

seat_marsbar

what other cars have you modded am new to the leon my self got my leon after my clio 172

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
what other cars have you modded am new to the leon my self got my leon after my clio 172

Used to have a celica gt4 that was on lowered shocks and springs, 17"s, turbo back exhaust, strut brace, custom induction setup. Loved that car. Have also done a mondeo st24, rover coupe and a honda civic that was stripped and slammed on coilies :D

jay050

little off topic, where bouts in cumbria are you ??

And would a water injection help at all ??

Last edited by a moderator:

mini

as in the mighty HAVEN!!!! were did u get ur re-map an exhaust from???

seat_marsbar

remap is from chit it at maryport and the exhaust is custom made from gates with sport cat in

jay050

remap is from chit it at maryport and the exhaust is custom made from gates with sport cat in

Im from carlisle, was meant to be going for remap with CHIP-IT a polish guy... Would you recomend him ??? aperntly hes cheap and very good ???

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Have you actually got a RR graph showing 240bhp. The K03S turbo on the AUQ engine will struggle to produce that power even with a Custom Map, FMIC, Forge TIP, Induction kit and top quality turbo-back exhaust.

I think your Polish friend's figures are possibly a little optimistic, either that or his map is plain dangerous and your engine is about to go pop. The likes of REVO, Jabba, Custom Code, GIAC etc who have been very successful in the tuning business for many years will struggle to get more than about 215bhp from a generic map on the spec you are running.

Your route to more than 240bhp from an LC180 is not cheap. You are looking at bigger injectors, bigger MAF tube and LCR MAF sensor, FMIC, TIP and a hybrid or a bigger turbo. Then you'll need a custom map for all of that kit. I'd look at upgrading the brakes and suspension before going over 210bhp.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members