Manifold Glowing RED!!!

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
Hi,

went to Midland VW yesterday had my car on the dyno produced 250bhp, but it drops after a few runs, the technitian says that the turbo i have fitted which is a GT2560R but my manifold is a standard one, which causes massive heat soke after a few runs, and to confirm i tuk it fo a few blasts at night and popped the bonnet and the thing was glowing like crazy!! i will be fitting a intercooler this weak because that was also standard he said that would take care of it, but before i get my stage 2 map done from them he wants me to uprate the manifold.

i am abit unsure which type would fit and i know ther are sum out ther for aroun £500 but im on a budget and need something round £200. the most i know is that maybe i need a GT series manifold with a T25 flange??? that maybe wrong.

heres a link that i found was wondering if this is a correct type:

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1360

thanks for the help!!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Normal!

I'd bet if you looked at most turbos / manifolds on RR runs, they'd be glowing red.

Exhaust gas temperatures!

Generally accepted colors/temps are:

C F Color

400 752 Red heat, visible in the dark
474 885 Red heat, visible in the twilight
525 975 Red heat, visible in the daylight
581 1077 Red heat, visible in the sunlight
700 1292 Dark red
800 1472 Dull cherry-red
900 1652 Cherry-red
1000 1832 Bright cherry-red
1100 2012 Orange-red

C= Centigrade
F= Farenheit

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
yes buti still need a bigger maniflod dont i bcuz even on a long road i gave it a blast 3 times and it was game over the power dropd dramaticaly, i jus would like to fit one as when i remap it it should be in area of 280bhp so things can onli get worse. and i dont fancy waitin ten or twenty mins for it cool a little every time.

what do you think of the ones on the link should it fit??

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
yeh mate my intercoolers goin on soon i as i recieve the correct pipes, as they sent me blue ones and i wanted red, i have a folder with the car and ther is a turbo technics reciept in der for the Gt2560R, no fitting invoice but im sure its the turbo fitted its has got to be.

so for now the intercooler once fitted should take care of the heat soke ?? right?

but when i map it i shud put the correct manifold on??

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
it went broooooommmmmmbrooooommmvroooooooommmmm all the way through to 4th gear hit 145mph then he got a reading! but seriously it mde 249.6 to be presise but it couldnt produce it over and over again until it cooled down due to it not haven the mani n intercooler!

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
manifolds are not cheap. if your wsnting more power why are you being cheap.

buy cheap, buy twice!. seriously, buy a decent equal length mani and you wont have to worry about it again.

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
Thanks m1keh thats what i wanted to be reassured about! i tink i will have to get the £400 mani that mid VW recommended, jus means a slightly longer wait.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.