Manifold Vacuum Actuator...Car is now repaired!

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
Wish I knew mate. Tried the new N75 today again and car was running fine for 10 minutes. Then strange things started happening. Boost was fine but revs were going mental when dropping, exhaust sound was deeper like in dpf regen mode again, turbo sounded louder than usual and engine was shaky. Changed it back over to old one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
I might, but normally a faulty pressure sensor would throw an error which I dont have. Will see on Saturday if I have no leaks and go from there.

Last edited:

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
excuse me if ive missed something, as i wasnt able to read every post (at work). I took my car into the dealer, and they suggested that the actuator on the side of my manifold keeps popping out, they suggested simply pushing it back in for a temporary fix, but advised it will need replacing at some point... however, the dealer quoted 540+vat for the part (not sure if this is whole manifold or what) plus four hours labour!

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
Do you mean that the rod pops out of actuator? Price they quoted you is definitely for the whole manifold. Actuator is £12 plus hours job. Easy enough to change yourself anyway.

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Glad yours is fixed luke, nice n simple!

You had your smoke test yet? Or was it a pressure test you were getting?

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Do you mean that the rod pops out of actuator? Price they quoted you is definitely for the whole manifold. Actuator is £12 plus hours job. Easy enough to change yourself anyway.

I'm not really sure where what your on about is located, but what I mean, is.. If you take the engine cover off, it's situated on the left of the manifold, a small rod which travels down that left side... Same thing?

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
Have a look at the previous pages of this thread mate.

Just had a call from the garage. No boost or vacuum leaks. They can't find anything wrong with it.

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
Really rough under 2500 rpm, cutting out in 1st gear. Really sluggish at 2krpm in higher gears.

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Guess different means different problem. Expensive but maybe time to think dpf?

Mine cuts out when i drop the clutch, huge turbo lag, and power cuts when under boost intermittently. All problems intermittent

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
You considered camshaft sensor?

I'll get to that n75 and see if it makes noises when detatched in a couple days - been on holiday

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.