Manuals

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Now when i say manuals i mean the paper type user guides...
Has anybody seen a guide for the media system plus and satnav unit?
I've searched high and low but can't find anything.
Local dealer had a VIP event so thought it'd be rude not to order the 1.4 tsi in black with a half price tech pack! ;)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Doubt you would find one right now since they have not started delivering these cars yet to customers.

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Fair point, I guess I was hoping that SEAT had already written them and somebody might be able to get a hold of them. Not much to go on on the website...just teasers :)

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
does anybody know what the maximum capacity sd card is that this will take?
I'm tempted by a 128gb (to fit most of the collection on to)

phsroberts

My audi has a system which looks almost identical and it's 32gb in that.

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Thankyou phsroberts, I emailed seat tech support too, but they didnt reply.
I may have to go back to the portable hdd idea, or usb key.

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Thankyou phsroberts, I emailed seat tech support too, but they didnt reply.
I may have to go back to the portable hdd idea, or usb key.

The tech pack comes with a couple of leads that plug in to a socket in the glove compartment. I think one is an iPod lead and the other is USB or something like that.

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Cool, I thought i'd seen leads somewhere, but assumed they would be extras. I've gone for the tech pack so will just have to wait and see what turns up. in the meantime I've got a couple of 32gb micro sd cards that should work, they are sdhc not sdxc.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
Does anybody have English user/owner’s manual for new Leon in pdf? Seems to be impossible to find it with google.

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
I have emailed customer services to ask the same thing but it doesn't sound like they have made one:
As all of the details for this unit are all provided in the owners manuals supplied with the car, I am unable to send this*information out to you. There are no PDF versions of this available either.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
Probably they have it, but it is not allowed to share it by some reason. I believe nowadays source for printing the manuals is definitely digital and probably pdf.

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Totally agree, but if they claim not to have it there's not much else we can do unless an owner fancies scanning it all in for us, especially over a full bank holiday, rather than driving their new car ;)

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Well if there is anything specific people are after I'm happy to reinterpret the section for you.

nystateofmind

beam conversion

Hi, I have a new Leon SE on order (cant wait) and am driving to Europe on holiday soon, does the manual say anything about the LED headlights needing beam deflectors or being adjustable for the continent?

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
DJ - gives a max SD size as 2gb, though goes onto say will also take HC & XC variants too, no max stated. It doesn't explicitally state a max folder level either. It does though give a diagram that shows three subfolders. I'll give it a go and let you know.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
That's for media plus - not sure about the standard kit. The manuals seem quie specific to car variant and other bits.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
NY - manual states that both halogen and LED meet "Tourist light" regulations and therefore unless you are there for a good while you need do nothing.enjoy your trip!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.