Manuals

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
@wiganlad81 Thankyou for having a look, much appreciated. Have gone for the tech pack so should be the media system plus (with 2 sd slots?)

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Have you got the SatNav?

What kind of POIs does it have?
Also how do you update it? Over the net, or is it swapped out at service?

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
With regards to POI it's pretty much loaded as a Tom Tom would be. I've tested it for random parks for instance that I take the kids too. All in there. Tried some little random roads I know in wigan and their in there too. I'm pretty impressed with say nav.

I've looked for update stuff and any see anything obvious. I think the Octavia and golf with the same hardware get free updates for three years. I'm hoping there is something for similar or seat. I've looked online and there are hundreds of retailers of mapping sware that is compatible but all provide it on CD rather than SD. Which the car comes with. The seat service guide does say seat will update all software and firmware when applicable but its doesn't explicitally state the nav sware. I'll be along when I go back in on Tuesaday with my snag list. Sadly there are a few and one that has really pissed me off. I saw the car with all delivery covers on and what not and togged it for the wife. A day later when I picked it up it had mismatched headrests. Intially I thought no biggie. When I looked at the pic id taken the day earlier it didn't have mismatched headrests. Essentially my new motor has been used for spares. That's in addition to the damage bumper. Not overly happy with the guys who prep the vehicle. Salesman is sound though and has guaranteed replacement. You should have seen his face when I told him my brand new car was damaged before they had even had chance to touch it.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
With regards to POI it's pretty much loaded as a Tom Tom would be. I've tested it for random parks for instance that I take the kids too. All in there. Tried some little random roads I know in wigan and their in there too. I'm pretty impressed with say nav.

I've looked for update stuff and any see anything obvious. I think the Octavia and golf with the same hardware get free updates for three years. I'm hoping there is something for similar or seat. I've looked online and there are hundreds of retailers of mapping sware that is compatible but all provide it on CD rather than SD. Which the car comes with. The seat service guide does say seat will update all software and firmware when applicable but its doesn't explicitally state the nav sware. I'll be along when I go back in on Tuesaday with my snag list. Sadly there are a few and one that has really pissed me off. I saw the car with all delivery covers on and what not and togged it for the wife. A day later when I picked it up it had mismatched headrests. Intially I thought no biggie. When I looked at the pic id taken the day earlier it didn't have mismatched headrests. Essentially my new motor has been used for spares. That's in addition to the damage bumper. Not overly happy with the guys who prep the vehicle. Salesman is sound though and has guaranteed replacement. You should have seen his face when I told him my brand new car was damaged before they had even had chance to touch it.

Can I ask which dealer you got it from?

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Not sure it's a good idea if I name and more importantly potentially shame just yet. Though as I've previously said this is my local dealer and I live in Coventry. There may be more than one - not sure. You'll have to google it ;-)

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
That is unbelieveable.
Please ask them why they decided to use your brand new off the shelf car for donor parts?

I would be livid!
When I go to pick mine up, I will take the wife. Shes pretty good at seeing all of the trivial stuff and noting issues!

It better be right or I will be walking away..

Im sure it will be fine....i hope!

Andy

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Trust me as the weekend goes on I'm getting more annoyed. Response to an email I sent was pretty rubbish. You are exactly right the fact MY new motor has been used for donor parts is a piss take.

I'll definatkey be having words when I go in.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
If the missis wasn't with child she'd have been on any trivial stuff in a flash. I know exactly what you mean.. Baby brain has taken its hold though and my keys have already spent an hour or two in the FRIDGE!

nystateofmind

NY - manual states that both halogen and LED meet "Tourist light" regulations and therefore unless you are there for a good while you need do nothing.enjoy your trip!

Thanks very much wiganlad. Our dealer said early part of April so hopefully I wont have to wait to much longer :D

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Not sure it's a good idea if I name and more importantly potentially shame just yet. Though as I've previously said this is my local dealer and I live in Coventry. There may be more than one - not sure. You'll have to google it ;-)

No problem. I live in Wigan and was wondering if I ordered from the same dealer but it's unlikely since you were sent to Coventry. :)

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Yeah unlikely wrt the dealer. Sent - Feel like I was banished for good mate. I've been trying to get back for 2 years but one thing and another crops up and it's back to square one. I'm from the shevington area myself - moved about 10 years ago.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
If the missis wasn't with child she'd have been on any trivial stuff in a flash. I know exactly what you mean.. Baby brain has taken its hold though and my keys have already spent an hour or two in the FRIDGE!

Mate,

Just reading this out loud to the wife, shes p!ssing herself laughing......she knows exactly what you mean!

Andy:clap:

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Kugman - this is baby no 3 and the other two times she was pretty compus mentis. This time its terrible. The second key the dealer supplied is now "somewhere safe" and walking her through the Satnav yesterday resulted in all out war (and tears) which i was on the receiving end of. I've decided i'll shuttle her around for her own safety (and my sanity) for the next 3 months.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
If somebody wants to have English pdf version of owner's manual, then send me private message and I will send it to you. Don't want to share it in public.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
Can't send you private messages apparently?
This is probably related with my user status which is still newbie, although it should change to full member, as I have fulfilled all the requierments.

Edit: I'm now full member and PM-s are working.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members