Map glitches (22 plate)

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Apologies if this is not new, but when having the active cruise in operation and running along at 70 on the M11 (or other similar roads) when I come to a junction where there is a slip road the active cruise tries to slow me down as it thinks there is a junction ahead which there clearly isn't... Doesn't matter if I have a route selected or not on the inbuilt map or if I have been lucky enough to get Android Auto to connect! Works fine otherwise apart from random false speed limits being found.

Tell

Staff member
That one has been reported before. Could be moving traffic on the left and confusion about whether the car is driving on the left or right. First undertaking prevention where it senses via the lane assist camera movement. It sees vehicles on the right and decides you are undertaking so stops you. Happens in tail backs at junctions. Then if you get the confusion about whether the car thinks it's driving on the left or right stops you overtaking as normal. Think that one is being sorted out via updates in the vehicles that were doing it. Just leaves the undertaking issue where at junctions you can undertake or if in lines of traffic. It can also read the variable traffic speed cameras and cause havoc.

The undertaking issue can be sorted out be Obdeleven / VCDS coding where you turn off the sensing of movement on the left and right of the car. See the coding section on the Formentor thread for that. The other thing you can do is to default lane assist to last setting. That way if you don't like lane assist it stays off till you next turn it back on yourself. That coding is on the Formentor thread / Tarraco thread. Backing both horses on this one I think it uses perco parameter Ateca like the Tarraco whilst the Formentor like the Leon 4 uses the other one. Conversation on the Formentor thread where I was got at for naming perco although thanked on the Obdeleven boards incorrectly 😂. Just a different parameter between platforms is used on that one.

Personally I don't use lane assist but I do use TSR to keep within speed limits. TSR being a function of lane assist.

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Thanks for response - don't have the system that senses vehicles beside me, only tells me that I have wandered (or tried to!) from my lane. To my mind it is a mapping glitch as it shows on the screen (between the dials) that it has detected a junction ahead (before getting to any slip roads) on say the M11 and as I'm driving at 70mph on active cruise it then starts to slow the car down - tapping the accelerator overrides and off one goes. Slowing down unexpectedly on the motorway is rather a safety hazard - never had an issue on google maps etc (or my SLK) of ghost junctions being found.

Think I will send an email to SEAT (does one get a reply??) and see what if any their response is.

Tell

Staff member
Good idea. There have been reports in the past where the car puts you in a different place on the map to where you are. This also effects Smartphone mapping which was a bit odd when reported on boards.

If the speed limit is taken from the digital map then any misplacement will effect how lane assist works.

(Probably know that bit of the m11 from the past)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise