Map. Location and Navigation issues?

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
Hi all formentors or should I say tormentors as that's what cupra should rebrand this as!.. Anybody else having map/navigation issues?.. Tho I do use Google maps 90%of the time on occasions I don't plug my phone in and use the car nav, however recently it says I'm in a town 10 miles away and just has a melt down saying do Uturns etc, however even lately when using Google maps it's been fine but the street speed limit that displays is totally wrong, if I'm in 60mph for example it's saying on screen I'm in a "30" also the "take foot of the pedal" is helpless as the road I'm driving along is around 3miles long before the junction ffs😳!!.. Any ideas?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I did have the map issues when I was on an old software version, 1790 & 1803 I think. Having said that I'm fairly sure they updated the navigation/gps firmware at the same time. No issues with it since.
I had speed signs popping up occasionally in kph instead of mph but again it was fixed with the update.
No idea what "take foot of the pedal" is, I've never seen that?
Mine's a V2 Hybrid btw.

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
I did have the map issues when I was on an old software version, 1790 & 1803 I think. Having said that I'm fairly sure they updated the navigation/gps firmware at the same time. No issues with it since.
I had speed signs popping up occasionally in kph instead of mph but again it was fixed with the update.
No idea what "take foot of the pedal" is, I've never seen that?
Mine's a V2 Hybrid btw.
Mines v2 1.5 petrol base model, you've never seen the message as your approaching a junction?!.. Possibly different engines so maybe different tech maybe🤔, so in terms of the latest update I'm on the 1896 am assuming that's the latest update, I can still use Google maps etc which is fine however with this being less than a year old it's still not acceptable, would it be a good idea to do a factory reset ya reckon or just phone up dealer? 🤔..

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Mines v2 1.5 petrol base model, you've never seen the message as your approaching a junction?!.. Possibly different engines so maybe different tech maybe🤔, so in terms of the latest update I'm on the 1896 am assuming that's the latest update, I can still use Google maps etc which is fine however with this being less than a year old it's still not acceptable, would it be a good idea to do a factory reset ya reckon or just phone up dealer? 🤔..
I'm on 1896 too at the moment and for me that also cured the SOS problem as described above. No never seen that message, mine's 2 years old now and being V2 1.4 hybrid there's bound to be some differences in the software. I've got all the battery stuff and regen when lifting off so that's a big difference for sure.
Personally I'd be getting yours booked in with the dealer. Some photos of the errors to show them should help and make a list of all the faults. My dealer was happy to have all that info when mine was last updated. Mine's going in for its 2 year service and a software update next Monday. No idea what version but it might be worth asking if there's one for yours.
I've seen on here that 1898 is possibly the latest but there's also a brand new one with version 1900 (I can't seem to add a link here at the moment but I've got a thread going called New software update?)

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
What did you do to resolve it mate?
They still haven't (although it's in again this week for the SOS issue, likely a module replacement at this point cos they've already done software updates). It's fine when the SOS error isn't showing on the dash though (I keep the profile in Private mode to stop it crapping out).

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
The sat nav is terrible. I've had mine showing me on a hill about 10 miles away, in a town 15 miles away etc. Stuck even after a restart, only cleared after leaving off overnight.
It also constantly thinks I've left motorway junctions when driving past them, resulting in an annoying rerouting each time.
Shows PoI names all over the map,. despite me disabling this in the options.
Speed limit showing as 10mph on a motorway (no temp limit in place, just randomly started showing).

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
The sat nav is terrible. I've had mine showing me on a hill about 10 miles away, in a town 15 miles away etc. Stuck even after a restart, only cleared after leaving off overnight.
It also constantly thinks I've left motorway junctions when driving past them, resulting in an annoying rerouting each time.
Speed limit showing as 10mph on a motorway (no temp limit in place, just randomly started showing).
I've found it just as good as Google maps tbh. I think it's powered by Google anyway but I might be wrong in saying that?
When my nav was showing me driving across a lake miles away my Google maps, connected to the car via Android Auto did exactly the same. It turned out to be the gps in the car that was the problem.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I've found it just as good as Google maps tbh. I think it's powered by Google anyway but I might be wrong in saying that?
When my nav was showing me driving across a lake miles away my Google maps, connected to the car via Android Auto did exactly the same. It turned out to be the gps in the car that was the problem.

Not sure whether it's software or hardware which is the issue, but but the bottom line is that it doesn't work properly. Had no similar issues with my previous Mercedes and Audi vehicles.

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
Have you had it looked at or is this a new problem?.. Mine literally started to going wrong this week, figured it'd reboot itself over night but looking like it won't!.. Very much similar to yours by sounds of it. I'll book it in if hasn't resolved itself by the end of the week.

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
So hopefully this isn't too much of a daft question. Is there any chance of locating the sd card for the nav or is it built into the infotainment via software etc?.. Apologies in advance for being an oldy in the tech dept. 😩

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Have you had it looked at or is this a new problem?.. Mine literally started to going wrong this week, figured it'd reboot itself over night but looking like it won't!.. Very much similar to yours by sounds of it. I'll book it in if hasn't resolved itself by the end of the week.
No, it's an intermittent problem and having had those in the past I know I'm onto nothing trying to get it sorted by the dealership without the ability to reproduce the problem. Thankfully I rarely use the sat nav so whilst it's ridiculous that it does happen, it doesn't affect me daily.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Not sure whether it's software or hardware which is the issue, but but the bottom line is that it doesn't work properly. Had no similar issues with my previous Mercedes and Audi vehicles.
Mine had a gps module firmware update together with an infotainment system update to 1896 in May last year and it's been fine since. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way. I have heard that other folk have had the gps module replaced entirely.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
So hopefully this isn't too much of a daft question. Is there any chance of locating the sd card for the nav or is it built into the infotainment via software etc?.. Apologies in advance for being an oldy in the tech dept. 😩
Pretty certain it's all built in I'm afraid. Updates can be done OTA or via the USB sockets I believe. Though I guess some dealer updates might use the OBD socket for some system upgrades. Hope you get it sorted.

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
Bit of a me too.

The GPS loses sync and will report me driving cross country 80 miles away, sometimes 10 miles etc. It's a real pain, specially when on the motorway. Dealer has changed the GPS 'unit' and upgraded firmware for a couple of bits and it's made no difference. The upgrades did make the weird clicking sound go away from the speakers.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Mine had a gps module firmware update together with an infotainment system update to 1896 in May last year and it's been fine since. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way. I have heard that other folk have had the gps module replaced entirely.
I'm already 1896. Not going to waste my time trying to get it sorted until it's repeatable as I know I'm in just on a road to be nowhere even attempting that.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.