Maxcars1, ibiza tdi detail

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Not surprised you struggled with Megs Stage 1 as it is for hand use only and won't really do anything then. Also all the products used are either hand use or not a polish.
Looks good but as someone said go for the Menz Ceramiclear products they are the only thing that will really tackle VAG paint. They also are very oily, like ff, so you get almost zero dusting and you can work the product for much longer.
If the car is too hot then you should leave the polishing until it cools down otherwise the polish dries to quickly and you will end up with problems.
Unclefester if you go for the Menz ceramiclear you won't need Power Gloss it is too agressive IMO and creates a lot of dust. It is good don't get me wrong it's just been superceeded by the ceramiclear.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
^^^ i agree.

Ive got Power gloss and Menz IP 3.02, the power gloss dusts loads, and doesn't finish off nicely either.

3.02 is now my main defect removal polish, i love it

gazjones

I reckon MEnz IP PO85RD 3.02 is THE bollox.

Gaz - Menz IP PO91L is the older style IP the 3.02 is the new style created for rock hard clear coats. it works for ages and hardly dusts at all.

It works wonders on any car/paint, and can finish down to lsp.

It just eats up the swirls.

well its ordered now lol but only 250ml to try it out will try the 3.02 after and see what i prefer. but i have lernt alot from this detail and it will help me with further cars.
cheers for your comments people

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Thanks for the comments Guys. Like Gaz said weve learnt loads and in all honesty we are fairly new to these Dw products and processes, but Im sure the garage will be stocked up shortly ;)

Triple D

Looks good gaz :D, we have an elise and a platinum cupra awaiting down here next time you want to try your skills ;)

gazjones

now an elise would be a good detail. but platium can come to me lol

Triple D

:lol: i cleaned 3 cars this morning ;) ranas, the elise and the alfa

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Elise is not a good car to practice or start out machine polishing on in all seriuosness. Some of them have carbon fibre panles and parts, fairly thin paint and some very difficult areas to access in between vents and spoilers, so plenty of easy oportunity for damage. Certainly shouldn't tackle one without a ptg even if slightly unsure of what your doing.

gazjones

shaun gave me it, its a karcher one think you can pick them up on ebay or b&q

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ah cheers, need to get some new bits (APC, Foam gun and new pads) but cant find anywhere decent that has it all in stock! (polished bliss is out of stock, and motorgeek dont have it all)

gazjones

tried clean you car i just orderd some bits yesterday from them seemed to have most things instock

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Ah cheers, need to get some new bits (APC, Foam gun and new pads) but cant find anywhere decent that has it all in stock! (polished bliss is out of stock, and motorgeek dont have it all)

Have a look at www.cleanandshiny.co.uk
They always have everything in stock and if you live close by you can drop in and pick them up. I do regularly and they had everything on your list on Friday.

gazjones

ah cool cheers for that might add that to growning list of products wanted

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.