Mazzerati' glacier blue mk4 ibiza now sold. mk3 cupra here we come :)

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
right then
bit of an update

front splitter, strut brace, HID kit and coilies! all fitted heres some pictures for you all :)

P1000725.jpg

P1000729.jpg

P1000722.jpg

P1000723.jpg

P1000721.jpg

its lowered about 60-70mm i think! ha no way of judging tbh :)
what you think then people?

oh and of course theres an arty farty photo :)
P1000731.jpg

Last edited:

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
lookin gd wot are ur plans for the rest of the year??

Think I'm gunna get some fr bits and pieces and probably a new exhaust although I'm terribly tempted to go for an Ibiza cupra tho.

You will probably slate me for this but they are eBay ones I read real far into them
before I ordered and read some reviews on them, they are racelands
I've not had them on long but they ride brilliant for the price, they suprised me tbh cos I thought they might be tacky but so far all good now they have settled in they aren't bouncy either feels well planted tbh.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Think I'm gunna get some fr bits and pieces and probably a new exhaust although I'm terribly tempted to go for an Ibiza cupra tho.

You will probably slate me for this but they are eBay ones I read real far into them
before I ordered and read some reviews on them, they are racelands
I've not had them on long but they ride brilliant for the price, they suprised me tbh cos I thought they might be tacky but so far all good now they have settled in they aren't bouncy either feels well planted tbh.

Fear not - as it will not be I that slates you for it. I am infact interested in some of these for my FR as I swear i have no suspension the way its riding atm (on original shocks at 131k) But I just can't justify £400 for coliovers, so its either give these racelands a whirl, or some cheap shocks and springs (which are a similar sort of price). Hows the handling on them? If the ride is that good I think I'll give them a go! Where did you get them from if you don't mind my asking?

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
Was the coilovers expensive? looks nice with a 70mm drop :p quite fancy that myself, do they rub at all on the arches? Nice car btw a thought you have a LCR splitter on it?

ill be honest 160 delivered from ebay, the make is rokkor (they are just rebranded racelands) delivered really quick too. can not complain a bit about them.

if you are giving it hell then yer, it can rub a bit but its only the initial dip at the back when you first floor it if you know what i mean. but im running no adjusters at the back for extra lowness lol. still have bout inch and half of thread to go at the front.

if you look closely the splitter is there its just set further back to make it appear lower.

Fear not - as it will not be I that slates you for it. I am infact interested in some of these for my FR as I swear i have no suspension the way its riding atm (on original shocks at 131k) But I just can't justify £400 for coliovers, so its either give these racelands a whirl, or some cheap shocks and springs (which are a similar sort of price). Hows the handling on them? If the ride is that good I think I'll give them a go! Where did you get them from if you don't mind my asking?

haha thank you glad someone is reasonable. i too could not bring myself to pay £400 for suspension specially when there is all these vdub nuts raving about these in america.

the handling has really sharpened up, understeer has been killed completely (i did fit a upper strut brace too)

i got them off ebay £158 delivered

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Coilover-Heig...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2559041af4

they were bouncy at first but now its all settled in they ride really comfortably. no banging or clunking overall they are proving to be a very solid kit.

and no need for short droplinks and your £250 off better than other people ;)
and they are german ( as we all know they make pretty solid products) and 3 year warranty so what more could you want?

when i was asking them questions over email they replied instantly was just very easy people to buy with.

obviously just keep em clean and greased and they will be fine.

hope that helps :)

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Thanks very much for the help - I think I will have to have me a set at that price! Been reading loads of rave reviews about them from owners of other marques. Just gotta wait till midnight - then I'll get paid for the month :D and I'll have to see about ordering some of these up and getting them fitted.

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
them on vwvortex forums love them.
i only didnt really listen to people on here because i know as soon as you say cheap they dont like it. the way i see it. if i get two year out of them which is easily achieveable backed up by the warranty then ill be the one sporting £250 more than them and ill have got the same fun out of it :)

good luck with the order. im sure you wont regret it.

if you have any more questions when fitting them feel free to pm me and ill help you anyway i can.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Indeed Indeed - and to be honest, I don't see how these can be much worse than a shocks and springs kit in the same price point?? But we shall soon see, and with the extra £250 I think I may head to p-torque for a remap :p

Stanislav

Nov 30, 2009
Finland
Got some nice coilies on the way. Gunna be kissin concrete by end of the week!

I will get coilies to in may! I will post some pics of my car closer to summer because its snowing all over the place but it will melt at the end of this month!!

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
How are the coilies working out for you dude? I'm booked in for a remap - and these are in my sights as the next purchase. was just wondering how they are now you've (presumably) put some milage on them :p

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
they are great yer. done at least 900-100 miles on them and they are fine took them off to cleean and oil them. ride is smooth and comfy and no bangs or squeeks from them at all :)

im really impressed with them tbh :D

i did have a problem with the droplink touching a bit of plastic on the wheel arch liner so just chopped it off lol.

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
picked up my wheels on the 27th! yay!

got them home split them, wax and sealed them
P1000778.jpg

nice and shiny

got them fitted on monday think they look sweet tbh
just need some bbs centre caps but not sure where to get these as ones on ebay are like 40 quid!

anyway wheels fitted

P1000793.jpg

P1000794.jpg

P1000795.jpg

cheeky down 'n' out sticker!

and some more picture playing with my camera today

P1000796.jpg

P1000797.jpg

P1000798.jpg

P1000799.jpg

P1000803.jpg

what do you all think? :bounce: