MeisterR Zeta coilovers

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
Anyone know if these guys are any good?

I've seen and heard some nice reviews about their products on Civics and Evos but i've not seen any for Seats.

Might be interested in asking if they do some.

jamest87

lead foot
Feb 10, 2009
thanet. margate
ive herd of them.. i see them at lydden race track at a show that was there..i did ask him about doing coilleys for the seat but he said they are working on it.. the bloke seems like he knows his shiz but i think he is more about the JDM..lol

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
OK, i've managed to speak to Jerrick at MeisterR, very knowlegable and friendly guy. He's said he's actually developed some new lines for VAG cars and other makes. He said he'll send over some details to me soon.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
Alright folks, just got some more details from Jerrick at MeisterR. They are a different product line to the Zeta, called Europa. He's given me some info plus links of some pics for Golf MkIV, says VAG setup are a bit more complicated then jap cars but these are about the same or better than KW Variant 2:

The MeisterR Europa coilovers are specially designed for Sophisticated Japanese and European cars where road comfort is as equally important as performance.
Golf4coilovers.jpg
The MeisterR Europa Coilovers Features:*Monotube damper with 32 stage damping adjustment (Compression and Rebound Combined.)*Cold Coil Linear Rate SAE9254 Chrome Silicon Steel Springs*Lengthen Heavy Duty Rubber boot.*Light Weight Aluminum Spring Perch, Locking Collar, and Lower Bracket*Strengthen Steel Locking Collar and Lower Bracket for MacPherson Strut Suspension.*Dual Perch Coilovers Construction. The Dual Perch Coilovers Design allows separate adjustment of the springs pre-load and vehicle ride height.This design allows the ride height to be lower without losing any dampers stroke travel leading to better comfort and less chance for the dampers to "bottom out". Specification Details: MonoTube Dampers with Black Chromium Plated BodyMonoTube Dampers ensure high performance damping and ability to dissipate heat under hard usage. The Black Chromium Plating have endure salt spray test and is by far the best anti-corrosion plating available.There are 32 stage damping adjustment (Compression and Rebound Combined) to fine-tune the ride of the vehicle.
Golf4topmount.jpg
Cold Coiling SAE9254 Chrome Silicon Steel SpringsLengthen Rubber Boot ensure the damper piston will be protected from harsh environment.The Cold Coiled Linear Rate Springs use high grade SAE9254 Steel to ensure strength and provide linear and predictable weight transfer characteristic.
Golf4springs.jpg
Anodised Aluminum Spring Perch and Locking CollarLightweight Aluminum Collars are use to lock your springs and brackets in place. The "Polyamide" springs isolator are use to reduce noise and spring binding issue associated with rubber isolator.
Golf4perch.jpg
Dual Perch Design Lower BracketThe separate lower bracket allows adjustment of the vehicle ride height without distribution the spring pre-load or damper stroke travels. What this mean is that lowering the ride height will not change the ride quality of the vehicle. Lightweight Aluminum Bracket is used to reduce weight even further.Strengthen Steel Lower Bracket are used with MacPherson Strut Suspension.
Brackets.jpg

I'm gonna see if i can get some for my Ibiza!

Last edited:

jamest87

lead foot
Feb 10, 2009
thanet. margate
that sort of sounds like what he was saying when i see him at a show.. so what sort of price are we looking at??? he seems to know his stuff..

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
MeisterR are quality coilovers, they are more well known in the jdm market. Used to have a civic, and meisterR are very popular with those guys, up there with the likes of d2 and tein. You won't be disappointed with the quality

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
looking at similar setups, i'm thinking somewhere between £550-£650. I've asked Jerrick at MeisterR for the exact numbers and when they are shipping.

Also just wondering if anyone is interested in a Groupbuy? May be if there's enough numbers we can get a deal going :D

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
Got a reply from Jerrick today, sorry for the delay for those who are interested as i'm having some problems with my car's engine. keeps getting catalyst bank 1 CEL fault after swapping out the lambda sensor :(

"RRP is £649, for the Polo Europa Coilovers" i thinking 9N is the same as our mk4 ibiza

Group buy IS possible given numbers are right "£549 delivered"!

I've asked for more pics of our setup, as he's only given me ones for the Golf. That means for the Leon right?

jamest87

lead foot
Feb 10, 2009
thanet. margate
sounds good mate.. hope the car gets sorted soon... yea if you could get some pictures of the ones for the bezza.. has he done any testing for them???
Was taking to a friend of a friend and he is sponsored by them in some JDM Drift thing and he said they are really good.....

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
Right guys, I'm bitting the bullet and dropped my order through, should get them by next Tuesday i think. Can't wait as my front bushes have had it, and i've still my got CEL on after £200 and 3 garage visits later! [:@]

jamest87

lead foot
Feb 10, 2009
thanet. margate
let us know what they are like please.. even though i just got some fk's of a friend i would still like to know what they are like... good luck mate hope you like them..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members